Thread: Speaker Volume

Default Speaker Volume

We just got tower speakers put on our XLV. But when we turn the music up so the wakeboarder can hear the music, the speakers in the boat are way too loud. So i was thinking that maybe there was a way to adjust the speakers so i could turn the boat speakers down or even off if it comes to that and the tower speakers up, so it would be loud for the wakeboarder but not the people in the boat.

Default Replying to Topic 'Speaker Volume'

If you dont understand what i just wrote above tell me and i'll re-word it cuz now that i look at it i did do a pretty bad job of explaining it. so if you dont know what i mean tell me.

I have an amp for my tower speakers,I can tell you what I did but it may not be the best.I disconnected my front speakers,when I want to run my tower speakers I run the fader all the way to the front speakers and then turn on the amp and crank up the volume.When I want to listen to the boat speakers only,I just put the fade back to the middle.Like I said,may not be the best way,but it works for me.Good luck.
    John

alright...well i unhooked the boat speakers from the back of the cd player, bougt a switch and wired it up into the inside of the ski locker. so now when i want to listen to it in the boat, i flip the switch. But i'm still up for ideas to turn the boat speakers down if ne body has ne