Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default yet another ballast question

Going from GI to GIII.

Using the stock OEM system parts on the pre 09 systems
    with #400 lb fly highs in the rear with 1 fill, 1 drain & 1 vent hole.

The Drain pumps are located in the rear, engine compartment or stoarge compartment?

Do yo fill from the stern as well?

Any pics would be great

thx in advance
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Don't use the Orbit valves, use the Irritrol valves

Al can probly explain this better but me and Al are going to do the same kind of install for the fill system.

From the scooper we are attaching 2 Ts. 1 T right off the intake and a pump on 1 side, and another T on the other with a pump on each side of that T. This will allow 3 fill pumps. T800s are what im using. Then each pump goes threw a Vented Loop and then tot he inlet of the bag. All the pumps are down low out of the way. No manifold is needed.

As for draining you can also use the T800 pumps at each drain location of the bag and run a line to the threw hull fitting.

If you add more threw hulls then not a problem, or you can just run all the lines to the original threw hull you have and Y them together.

This is a simple explanation of the system. Al can give you lots better details then myself at this point. He is already started on his upgrade im waiting till this weekend.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I understand all the mods.

but if someone could answer those two questions that would help. Where were these located prior to the re works.

The Drain pumps are located in the rear, engine compartment or stoarge compartment?

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Everything in my system GIII stock before mods filled from the same inlet and a single Rule 2000 pump through the manifold with a sprinkler valve for each bag (3). I haven't actually seen my drain pumps but I'm pretty sure (based on sound) the rear ones are in the rear and the front one is up front, each one pretty close to the bag. There are three thru-hull fittings, one for draining each bag.

Edit: I should also add that the rear drain pumps are definitely not in the storage compartment as I haven't actually ever laid eyes on them. They have to be down low in the engine compartment pretty close to where the lines pass into the storage areas.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Went from GI to GIII in my LSV.

Mounted rear drain pumps in the engine compartment so they are lower than the bags.

Fill from the stern.

Kane, Va Lsv

Thank you.

Mike let me know when you upgrade is done so i can get you drain pumps

You da man. I got a great deal on the orbit valves so i will try those first. I just want a plumbed system and pick up parts after the upgrades has let me do it at an econoncal price. I can always swict later if needed.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Going from GI to GIII.

Using the stock OEM system parts on the pre 09 systems
    with #400 lb fly highs in the rear with 1 fill, 1 drain & 1 vent hole.

Any pics would be great

thx in advance
    Joe,

The drain pumps for the rear bags are mounted low in the engine compartment, and towards the rear. I believe the idea is to mount them as close to the drain hole on the bag as possible and as low as possible so there's enough head to prime the pumps. I am sure Jason will chime in if I am off base here. I can send you some pics when I get home tonight.

Yes, the factory fills the bag from the rear top hole but I see no reason you couldn't fill it from the front hole instead.

Too bad you already bought the valves - I would have been happy to send you mine as well as the manifold after I complete my upgrade in a week or so.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Kane, Va Lsv

Thank you.

Mike let me know when you upgrade is done so i can get you drain pumps

You da man. I got a great deal on the orbit valves so i will try those first. I just want a plumbed system and pick up parts after the upgrades has let me do it at an econoncal price. I can always swict later if needed.
    The front ski locker pump is actually in the ski locker as well.

As for my drain pumps i think ill be keeping them in the system now as i found out there actually 700 gph pumps and that's not much different the T800 i was going to use. Now the T800 will be fill pumps, 1 for each bag and 1 will be installed a nose drain pump.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Joe,
    Stopped by Silver Lake today.. saw a familiar ROO..
    it misses you..

I'm out of town this weekend, but if you need to come look at mine any, let me know...
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold