Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boat Lift Setups?

Any of you who put your boat on a lift, Can you provide guidance on how your lift bunks are set up? Angled in towards front?
    By chance, anyone with an LSV have an idea of width of bunks? Front/Rear?

My first time with a lift.. So I am hoping to get the set up right the first time!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

If you have a trailer, measure the bunks on the trailer. The bunks should be at least 17" high to clear the prop. Slowly walk your boat on the first time then set up lines that hook to the lift and the boat in the same place everytime. Then you either push the boat back or forward until the lines stop the boat so the boat sits in the same place everytime. You can also look at the trailer to see where it sits in the back to use that as a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    Any of you who put your boat on a lift, Can you provide guidance on how your lift bunks are set up? Angled in towards front?
    By chance, anyone with an LSV have an idea of width of bunks? Front/Rear?

My first time with a lift.. So I am hoping to get the set up right the first time!
    I wish I could help you but the boat is sitting in the lift. The bunks are straight and the company that put it in has years of experience here in Panama City. There are so many types of boats here that they know what they are doing with inboards and all other drive systems. I did have them use a plastic/rubber type of bunk material to cover the wood and not the normal carpet people around here use. It has a couple large round ridges that allows dirt to be washed away and not captured in the carpet when the bunks are sitting on the bottom.

Ok , i put my own lift in 10 yrs ago when the custom lift guys came and it seemed like it was their first install. First it all depends how far apart your your cross I beams are and where they are picking the boat up. Mainly on the rear as you have to clear your prop shaft. The front has to be in front or behind your fins. My lift is in about 14 " of water at the front I beam and 24" at the rear I beam . So my tolerances are tight. I first set it up for a Outback DD and now have a supra21v on it.

As you can see its sitting on 2x8 pt wood, I beams are 10 feet apart. fins are behind front Ibeam, but i need enough clearance for the beam to clear the front hull v on the boat. the back beam clears the drive shaft . If i dont get the back beam low enough the fins sometimes hit it as i pull the boat out. I have rubber in the front beam just in case its not low enough and the keel hits it going out.

I have rubber cushion on the 2x8 so silt and sand doesnt gather on them. The front is angled in about 15 degrees and the rear close to vertical. The 2x8 twists ,a 2x 10 would be difficult to twist like that. I've kept my boats on it for the past 10 years with no probs and store them on it in the winters. my boat is only in the water when i'm using it, even if i'm not using it for a few hours it goes back on the lift.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Thanks
    MOseley, I had the guy I'm buying lift from increase the height of the bunks with New poles to raise it higher.

I"ll probably have to end up playing with different widths.. I'll start with Trailer bunk width.
    Brad

2004 Outback sold

Brad, I too went through this two years ago.

Here is a link hope this helps

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ighlight=bunks
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thanks Joe
    Dock goes in May 16.. should have lift in that day too!
    Brad

2004 Outback sold

Sled491 Guest

Outback, I take it you've finally found a home?

The big thing with a lift is to find a point of reference so that every time you drive on you stop in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    Thanks Joe
    Dock goes in May 16.. should have lift in that day too!
    What are you waiting for, ours went in april 10th lift may go in this weekend or next. My waders sprung a leak, thankfully i was prepared and had my wetsuit on under it
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sled,
    WE rented a place on the lake. And then days later got a contract to sell our home! YEAH.

Joe,
    The dock is a community dock and They will put it in on the 16th. Moving out of Miss this weekend and unloading in NY next weekend.. so the 16th will be the first I can use it anyway!!
    Brad

2004 Outback sold