Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Rant

Default Quick Rant

I hate when you get a couple of guys together to go wakeboarding on the boat and a couple of hours before we are supposed to go they BAIL! It always hacks me off when people say they are going to do something and then not do it! Sorry, rant over.

That's a BS stunt short of an emergency. I'd be tempted to give them a little time off and when it comes up say, "Oh, I thought you gave up wakeboarding."
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'm with ya both, also one of my pet peeves regardless of the activity.
    2007 Mobius LSV

We had several weekends like that last year. Claudia really only like 5 or 6 people on the boat at once. Here in Oregon as most places it takes 3 to board or surf. So she would invite some of her friends so she could have her friends enjoy the boat on a Sunday. They would cancel at the last minute.

We would be basically ready to go and the hour would come and go we call them and there like ohh yea something came up, we are tired or we changed our minds but don't even call you.

Now the day is high noon and i cant scramble a crew that fast lol

Needless to say they don't get invites anymore.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sounds like alot of us have this happen quite often. I guess that is the problem with our sport/hobby...it takes at least 2 people to do it! Oh well, there will be more days to come. I just hate getting pumped up while I sit in my cubicle at work and then get a text two hours before we are supposed to go saying that he/they cant make it. Part of the fun I guess...

In Wisconsin it takes 3 - cost me $148 to find that out... If you do not have a ready source of like minded folks around, it can be a challenge to get peoples availability and water conditions to align... For people who don't 'get it' it is often the first thing they will sacrifice - time on the lake...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Cool

I find if you invite other boater friends to come out you will get an early reply if some thing comes up as they usually appreciate what is involved. If you ask nonboaters to come out ,first those that show up are usually most appreciative,but the ones that cancel,think OH well no big deal. My only reply to that is ,especially when you see them later,and then they say why don't you call i just say , OH SORRY I forgot and something came up,i'll call YOU next time ""NOT"".

Most of my friends that WERE regulars on my boat only wanted to drink beer, asked "hey, mind if I invite another friend", not chip in for gas after getting pulled, and then not help me unload the boat/gear at the storage unit. In the past couple weeks those same friends asked "when are we going out again". My response was, "I've already got a crew picked out". Especially since this past Sunday I met a fellow Moomba couple who can't find other serious people to go out with. We've been texting and emailing alot so looks like I met some dedicated people.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    That's a BS stunt short of an emergency. I'd be tempted to give them a little time off and when it comes up say, "Oh, I thought you gave up wakeboarding."
    Kaneboats,

Ok I am sitting here thinking ..................yeah I am thinking you never had or will have that as a problem!

Oh yeah I am with you, we have a crew that is usually always ready to go depending on work and one also races corvettes so when he is not doing that. We no longer invite the previously mentioned people then they always seem offended they didn't get invited. My buddy's cousin came and was like "since you guy have the boat and everything we will bring all the food for 6 people" They brought 5 sandwiches and 6 beers. no repeat invite.

Benson that is a sweet photo. Did you land it? hehe
    '07 Moomba Outback V.