Thread: Backside 180

Default Backside 180

Hey, I wanted to try this trick off the startup roller. Do you have to pull handle in to get handle to your back or ride into it. Can anyone do a surface backside 180?
    Thanks.

Not exactly sure if you mean pull the handle in so you wrap up or pull the handle in to pass it for the 180. But either way yes, pull the handle, haha. Watch out for the speed of the boat though, the harder the driver hits the throttle the more pull you will get that can take you offaxis some and will require a harder pull to pass the rope.

Never done a true surface bs180 but I can on lip of the wake basically like a ts fs butterslide bs180 if that makes sense. But you can try learning the rotation by slowing the boat way down to like 10 to 12 mph and doing the bs180 directly behind the boat against the pressure of the water. This is a good technique for learning all spins because your body position is correct and you get a good exaggerated feel of the pull of the rope for the spin. After that maybe step up to a bunnyhop bs 180 and then on the start up wake.
    2005 Mobius LSV

Any trick off of the start up roller will need consistant pulls from the driver.

I highly recomend riding fakey on from one side of the wake to the other until you are totally comfortable riding that way before trying any tricks. Any BS trick that requires a handle pas, I find it a must to pull the handle in and to the lower part of your back for the pass.
    When I ride out a trick that lands fakey, I usually to a surface BS180 when I pull hard and get a little slack going into the flats. Usually try this when the water is flat (no rollers/chop) to avoid catching an edge.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I'm sitting here laughing to myself because I can bunnyhop to bs180 but can't pass the handle, I just end up doing a surface 180 back usually afterwords. I think about trying them inside out but usually get freaked out by them.

Good Luck and let me know how it goes !!!!!!!!!

Thanks, trying to ride tomorow. Looks like fun trick. Stylish. Take a break from backroll beatings,ha ha .

With the flat water 180 the quicker you do the trick the easier it is. Don't try to be cautious or you will catch an edge. Quick and over exaggerate. I also agree with the people above and think it is easier to do over the wake. It is a sweet trick I usually do a few when I get up out of the water just like you are trying to do. I think it looks cool. Good luck.
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

I was told to wait on the bs 180, Throw it late when doing it w2w. I know the ppl I ride with that throw em do them late and usually grabbed and they look suuuuper clean !

I never thought of doing them on flat water, I just went straight to W2W. They are very fun and look really sick imo.