Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nose bag

Default Nose bag

Wanted to get some thoughts before i pull the trigger on my ballast upgrade.

I got a 650 nose bag. Its a bag that goes under the bow seats. It has 3 fill locations. One on each leg and on center top of bag.

My plan is this.. Use the vent hole on the ski locker bag to plumb a line to the top of the bow sac. Then add drain pumps to both legs of the nose bag so it will drain. Will the bag be able to vent like this at all? I don't want it full of air.

Another option im thinking is ski locker bag to a leg of the nose bag for filling. Then use the other leg for draining and the top fill point as a vent line.

My concern is will the bag drain all the way with only a drain pump on one leg?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

You'll need 2 drain pumps unless you want to pick up one of the legs to force the water to the other side by hand. I think you'll want a vent, especially if you're joining it to the ski locker bag.

Here is my setup:
    Fill from the top side of one of the legs (dedicated pump.)
    Drain pumps at the bottom of both legs, each with their own new thru-hull outlet.
    Vent from the center/top, tied into one of the drain lines.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    You'll need 2 drain pumps unless you want to pick up one of the legs to force the water to the other side by hand. I think you'll want a vent, especially if you're joining it to the ski locker bag.

Here is my setup:
    Fill from the top side of one of the legs (dedicated pump.)
    Drain pumps at the bottom of both legs, each with their own new thru-hull outlet.
    Vent from the center/top, tied into one of the drain lines.
    See if i had 4 or 5 fill points i could do that. I don't have that on this bag. Its got 3 fill points.

1 in each leg and 1 center top of bag.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yeah that does make things interesting. So the only port on the top side is the one in the center, correct? The two leg ports are on the bottom side of the leg?

Yup both legs have ports on the bottom and the last port is top center. Im thinking im going to have to vent the top hole and only be able to drain one leg. I know this is going to leave water in the bag though on the other leg.

If i got T800s on the legs i think air can pass threw them but water wont because its heavy and non compressible. Just not sure if this is a thought or a reality.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

How about using a reversible pump on a new hull fitting?

I have been considering that, but i have to install a dedicated line to it then and install a new fitting on the bottom of the boat as reversible pumps cant run dry.

I talked with Wake Makers today they are going to see what they can come up with also.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

WHAT IF...
    You ran overflow out of center sac into either left or right side.. vent out of the top and drain out of right.. wouldn't gravity/water siphoning pull it out of the fill side back into center sac as it drains?

Wakemakers sells a kit.. not sure of the parts... but that is what it's intention is.. i don't see the kit any more, but you could check with them...
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

mike,

I think I asked you this on the lake yesterday but why are you putting a bow bag in? Did you way that you are trying to make a longer surf wake?

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

so each fill is going to need a vented loop or one way valve unless your useing a sprinkler so they don't self drain. what if you use the top to fill with a 1" line then the bottoms to drain with a vent line with one way valve as with the old sprinkler set up drain system. A 1 " line will give you 6-8 minute fill time which is acceptable? but maybe i'm missing something?

Al?

yes i was, maybe i should read a little closer.......option 2 should work, didn't realize you were using the vent on belly to fill the bow and do as newt says with the fill line
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 04-26-2010 at 11:45 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug