Default Raise driver's seat on 06 OBV

I'm looking to raise the driver's seat on my 06 OBV and am looking for any and all suggestions. The newer models (and the LSV's from the same year) have a better driver's seat in that the bolster raiser you higher than mine. Right now, the bolster raises me just high enough to where I am just a little short of seeing over the windshield.

My first thought is to use square tubing to stilt each corner of the seat through the stock bolt holes. So it would simply be longer carriage bolts and a piece of 2" square tubing with a hole drilled through placed at each corner of where the stock seat bolts onto the seat adjustment sliders.

Anyone see any issues with doing this?

Thanks

Default Option

I've had the same issue with my 04 LSV. Instead of doing that work, I hunted around some boat shops and found a throwable life preserver (which is standard state requirement that you have one anyway) that fits exactly on top of the seat cushion. I found one about 4 inches thick in White. I sit on that and it is perfect for visibility through and over the wind shield.

Just an option.

Another option might be adding a slide/swivel to the base. That would give you some height and an upgrade all in one (assuming you don't already have this of course.)

Is this swivel an after market thing (if so where?) and is the installation tough?

2007 Mobius LSV

I'm picking up the aluminum plates today and will be working on the swivel / height adjustment mod this weekend. Thanks all for your input.

Please take a few photos during your install and show us the completed project. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I finished the mod this weekend. I pretty much followed Razzman's methods. It raised the seat about 2 5/8 in the rear, a little less in the front. It swivels out only about 45-50 degrees due to how far the seat extends backward from the rear seat bolts, it has a wide radius. I really wasn't after the swivel aspect as much as the height. Once I get it on the water, I'll have to see if the height is adequate, if not I'll have to add another plate and/or spacers to lift it a bit more.

Default Raised seat

I have an 06 OBV also and did just that. I used 3"h x 1"w x3/16" thick aluminum channel scrap so it won't rust. I got it from a metal scrap yard for free because it was scrap from a previous job. I built a box platform and bolted it all together with stainless bolts with nyloc nuts. The box also helped to eliminate the binding issues that you normally have with those type of seat rails. I did have to create a gap for the seat adjustment lever, but overall it was very painless with basic hand tools. I will try to send some pictures with measurements so you can get a perspective.