Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Skier's Choice, timeline on production?

I ordered my boat from South Austin Marine and was told late March for delivery. When I called yesterday I was told by the salesman that Skier's Choice has not even started making it yet. The salesman doesn't seem to have any idea and I do not get the impression he is really trying to find out where my boat is in line to be produced. Can you help?

This has not been the easiest purchase from day 1. One of my concerns is when I inked the deal he said, "It's a good thing we got you in line or you may have not gotten the boat until June."

Default Replying to Topic 'Skier's Choice, timeline on production?'

Looks like now it will be late May.

AustinLSV,
    I am new to boat ownership, having purchased a 2004 red Mobius LSV at the Austin Boat Show from South Austin Marine. I have found, so far, that everything involved in boat ownership seems to take a long time - ordering accessories, service, getting the boaters safety certificate from Texas Parks & Wildlife, etc. However, likewise so far it has been well worth the wait. I can also honestly say my experiences with South Austin Marine have been excellent - they seem to have top notch professionals willing to go the extra mile to assist a newbie like me. I have not found a single person working there, from the parts counter, to the skiing/wakeboarding accessories, to the salesmen, to the managers, that does not genuinely seem to care. They also seem to have a very good relationship with Skier's Choice, so I would keep pushing them to see if they can improve on your delivery date. Good luck. BTW, what color, options, etc., did you order?
    Shoe

I also purchased a new LSV on February 20th, 2004 at the detroit boat show. I was told 6 to 8 weeks for delivery and gauranteed by May 31st, 2004. The dealer still has no idea when the boat will be done. Our season isn't very long in MI, and if i find out that it won't be here till sometime in June i will seriously consider canceling my order.

I think it is great for skiers Choice that they are selling so many boats. THe problem i have, and it seems like a lot of others are having is that they are making promises to have boats done that they can't keep.

Brent Burtrum
    Battle Creek, MI

I ordered my new 2004 Mobius LSV in December and asked for delivery in April. My boat got delivered to the dealer 3-29. The dealer told me to get my order in early if I wanted a April delivery. The dealer told me they have production slots assigned to them and they place their orders into these slots. I would guess dealers with more slots could get boats quicker if they have available slots. I would guess that as the slots get filled delivery time is longer.

I was told I got into a slot for late March delivery when I made the deal final. Now I am being told, "If everything goes perfect, it should be late May. How long did it take you to get your LSV from South Austin Marine when you ordered at the boat show?

Maybe it will ease your pain to know that the ice is still in our lake. If we are lucky, it will break up over Easter. Docks go in in May if the weather is good. On the water by mid May. In the water by late May if we are keen.

I feel for you guys. Having made the commitment to buy the product, you want to know when they will meet theirs. And Brent, I know exactly how you feel. Our season is too short so every weekend counts.

Try to look at it this way. Demand is more than supply. The company can:

1) jack up the price
    2) rush production and risk quality issues
    3) get behind on delivery dates during the early season rush for boats

I am disappointed to hear that dealers made sales based on promises of delivery that they evidently cannot keep.
    boomerang

AustinLSV,
    I didn't order at the Austin Boat Show - I ended up taking the red Mobius LSV that was at the boat show. It had pretty much what I wanted. I did have to wait about 4 weeks for the hydraulic wake plate, Perfect Pass and Bimini top to come in - they were ordered the week after the boat show ended. Then, it took approx. 2 weeks to get it all installed and working - some of the required installation parts had to be ordered. It took 6 weeks for the boating safety certificate to arrive from TPWD, even though that did not hold up any use of the boat. We have approx. 28 hours on the boat so far. When you get yours, are you going to trailer it or keep it at a marina? We are trailering, mostly putting in at Lake Austin, the 360 bridge. Good luck and I hope you get the boat soon.
    Shoe

We will keep the boat in the garage. We have a boat ramp on Lake Austin for our neighborhood and spend all of our time there. What makes it more difficult is that we traded in our other boat, so we didn't have to be boatless. I am sure it will all be worth it. I really liked that red one at the boat show, it was what sold me on the LSV. I will look for you out there. A buddy of mine has an older runabout, hopefully he is willing to go out on Saturday.

Can anyone from Skier's Choice reply here. In a different thread someone in Florida placed an order for an LSV and has a delivery date of 3-15. Mine was put on order on Jan 18 and I am being told :If everything goes PERFECT, you will have your boat May 26." I don't get it.