Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

I rode my entire first year on the broadcast and still ride it every once in a while. it is a real easy board to teach beginners on and I would not be afraid to recommend it to anyone starting out. seems that most keep it around to teach/train noobs on once you grow tired of it and want a faster board. there will always be either beginners or that lazy day when you just want to ride the wake and don't feel like carving up and down the face
    although it will never spin like a skim, you can also remove a couple of fins to "loosen" it up a little...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

And I think the CWB Ride is much like the broadcast too! Hear good things about it as the same type of board! I don't have either yet but alot of reading posts

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

I'm just saying you spend 2 - 3 hun on a beginner board, maybe you find a good used one or a clear out, but in a year or even less your board with it or have outgrown it. For a little more you get a good if not great intermediate board and you can stick with it for a couple years. I mean I'm not lying when I say that everyone that I have taught behind my boat has done so on my Walkers Project which is a very respectable mid to high end board. All had smiles and all got up.

[QUOTE
    you need more ballast-lets sack your boat out and see what if will do [/QUOTE]

Seeing how right now my son and the wife are the only ones who surf but we all ski, kneeboard and wakeboard during the same outing I am not sure about adding more ballast. If there was a way to do this without taking up any room in the boat I would be receptive to it. But again we purchased this boat to have more room than our old MC had and to do all the water sports we love. I never will forget the Outback I saw a couple of years ago that was close to sinking and how everyone has to climb all over these sacks, when I think of that I think I just need to put my Proline in the lake if we just want to surf as it has a huge wake and I wouldn't have to do anything, heck it even has a potty on it.
    Again if we were just surfing and wakeboarding I probably would have just gotten a V-drive. Now I could sacrifice some room in the middle ski locker if that would help? Would just have to find a place to put the pairs skis or teach my daughter how to slalom (which is on the agenda this year) and we could get rid of "her" storage space.
    Last edited by zegm; 05-17-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Sled491 Guest

Well Z the center ski locker is where one of the GIII bags would go, but for surfing you do need to get the boat to cant one way or the other

You know at this time I just ain't there with another bag of ballast. Maybe I would install a trim tab on the other side (starboard) and jack that side of the boat up.

[quote=zegm;98682
    Seeing how right now my son and the wife are the only ones who surf .[/quote]

Got to ask-why havent you tried surfing yet ?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Here is a pic of my son just about to eat it during first ski of the year at Apple Canyon Lake. Note that he has closed his eyes already in anticipation. Either that or his eyes were closed causing the crash in the first place. The result was spectacular, but he got up again to finish out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Got to ask-why havent you tried surfing yet ?
    I did try it once but it just didn't do much for me. My favorite thing used to be slalom course and it still is pretty high on the list but I also love to kneeboard. You know it is easy and relaxing and I can carve on the wake. My problem here is I had minor knee surgery a couple years back and now it hurts to bend my knee like you need to kneeboard. I guess I need to do some stretching exercises.
    And OK maybe I need to give the surfing another shot. To be honest the last couple of years I just love driving the boat. I have spent so many years on the water that the thrill isn't what it used to be.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Waynes345 View Post
    Here is a pic of my son just about to eat it during first ski of the year at Apple Canyon Lake. Note that he has closed his eyes already in anticipation. Either that or his eyes were closed causing the crash in the first place. The result was spectacular, but he got up again to finish out.
    You know he could have saved that A little more experience and he would have an awsum cut.

Z nothing more relaxing than a surf and if you want to challange yourself try a skim board.