Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

Man that kid is getting tall!

You didn't have to add about you not getting in, we just assumed it

Ain't he though? Looking at that water is giving me the taste for Kaluah.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Ain't he though? Looking at that water is giving me the taste for Kaluah.
    Kaluah..........yeah I like that stuff! We didn't notice that color so much while we were out there but it sure showed up in the pictures! However, nobodies swim suits turned brown or anything so it wasn't so bad.
    Now on to the camera issues, we have some more pictures to post but with these new camera's (Niko D60) you end of just holding the button down and when you get back you have almost 400 pictures! Sure this beats the 24 shots the older cameras would take but now you have to sit down and edit what you want and what you don't want and this takes a good bit of time. But anyway more pictures to come as we have some nice air shots of both the kneeboard and the wakeboard.
    On to surfboards, he has mastered this one and likes to play going up and down the wake and crossing over to the other side and back. What does anyone suggest as a more advanced board?

Something short and more slippery. How about the IS Squirt Tri-fin?

http://www.inlandsurfer.com/shop/Det...105&category=5
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

That's a good board, or a Walker Project, or some kind of skim board may get his juices going.

In your guy's opinion - Would the IS Squirt be a good 1st board? or is it too advanced?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    you have to sit down and edit what you want and what you don't want and this takes a good bit of time.
    Measured in beer?
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    What does anyone suggest as a more advanced board?

He will get to try out quite a few boards at Sinclair in July. I'll be bring my 2 broadcasts and hope to bring the yellow board that was won as a price at the tampa jam-sorry just dont remembe the name of it.

you need more ballast-lets sack your boat out and see what if will do
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    In your guy's opinion - Would the IS Squirt be a good 1st board? or is it too advanced?
    As it's a price point board I doubt it would be too advanced. Personally I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

I want to also say that I surf behind an Outback and my first board was a G3 from Walker Project and have never been disappointed or felt that I had a board too advanced for me. My 10 yr old son started surfing on it at 8 and has never had problems either. Heck my 280lb buddy started surfing on my WP board.

Point I'm trying to make is that thinking you need some lamo beginner board to start out with is not necessary. Don't think that some super fact skim is the way to start either, but don't be afraid of a little better board to start either

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post

Point I'm trying to make is that thinking you need some lamo beginner board to start out with is not necessary. Don't think that some super fact skim is the way to start either, but don't be afraid of a little better board to start either
    OK, I was just about to pull the trigger on a Broadcast for us to get our feet wet in wakesurfing. Are you calling that a lamo beginner board? Should we skip to something else? Everybody that will be trying is athletic and skilled in a variety of sliding sports.