Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

lol... very true... my buddy had the camcorder running and was able to freeze frame that shot as a pic.... i love it!

geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Sled491 Guest

Gotta love the Yellow Moombas

Sled491 Guest

Yep, used to Run Pro on the National circuit for Polaris.

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    Gotta love the Yellow Moombas
    Ok I would take a yellow Ferrari if it was given to me but I never really liked yellow unless it was used to highlight blue (think Blue Angels here) but I must admit there is a MasterCraft X (DD) boat on our lake that is all yellow and it does look sharp!

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    Yep, used to Run Pro on the National circuit for Polaris.
    Cool! My younger brother is a pro snowboarder for the Canadian National Snowboardcross team.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

Z your killing me

Canuckle, I have personal friends that were former Canadian National Ski team members. They both have many world cup medals, and one if not both have olympic medals and the one has a well know brother who was also on the National team who also won both world cup and olympic medals

Well we did it!!! MrsZ and I completed our first Triathlon yesterday at Mexico Beach Florida!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Well we did it!!! MrsZ and I completed our first Triathlon yesterday at Mexico Beach Florida!!!!

Zegm - Let's hear details. Distance. Time. Challenges. Best part. Worst part. Brand of bicycle. Transitions. Etc. Etc. Etc. And by the way, that is FANTASTIC! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

It was a USAT Meet. We did the Sprint Version, .35 mile swim (about 600 yards), 15 mile bike and 5k (3.2 mile) run. We started training in June when MrsZ bought her a Fuji Finest 2.0 bike and I purchased a Cannondale CAAD 9 -6 bike. I love the Cannondale, it is the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. We signed up for adult swimming classes at the local college during the summer and have been swimming 3 nights a week. The instructor is helping us with endurance and freestyle. Poor MrsZ can smoke me in the pool but her excitement level was so high during the swim she couldn't catch her breath and ended up swimming most of it doing the sidestroke (today her hips are killing her). It was our first ever meet and the intention was not to worry about what place we finished but to get experience doing it for the first time.
    The swim was wild as there were hundred of these Large round mellon shaped jellyfish. They do not sting but when I was swimming I kept thinking I was hitting another swimmer in the head and when I looked it was these jellyfish. I shattered my average speed on a bike but I paid for it during the run ( I use a Garmin 310XT but did not look at it during the ride so I didn't know what pace I was going (20mph)). I could hardly walk when I got off the bike. I had to walk the first mile of the run before I could get my legs to cooperate with my brain.
    The transitions were where I did the worst, I was way too slow but again I wasn't sure exacty how to proceed. Like walking the bike out of the transition area before you can mount them, trying to go fast but at the same time trying to catch your breath and put your shoes on.
    Would you believe a 78 year old man finished in 19th place out of 120!!!!
    All and all it was a blast and we are going to recover and sign up for more!!! I just need to practice more Bike to Run bricks!!!
    Last edited by zegm; 09-12-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Sled491 Guest

Dude that is awsum. My wife used to love those sprint events.

I agree the transitions are the biggest learning curves. Special shoes, one pc no change Tri suits, etc, etc. Women need to learn to pee in the grass as there putting on there shoes and things like that. You can call it gross but a triathalon is zero wasted time and energy. Gel energy paks at the tansition is another lesson learned. Giant bottles of water can cause stomach problems.

My wife used to have problems with the swim, she didn't like all the swimmers bumping into and sometimes running over her, it really freaked her out