Thread: Tune up help

Default Tune up help

Im at work and dont have my owners manual. I want to run and get parts at lunch so I need the part numbers or type of cap and rotor I need. If anyone can help me out id appritiate it. Its an 06 with carbed 310 hp 350. Thanks.
    06 Outback V

Ok I am reading this a couple of ways so help me out. When I had my old MC I would put automotive parts on it from NAPA or someone like that because there were no records of this engine from 1975. Now with a boat like this you should be able to go to any good Marine supply house and tell them what you posted and they will be able to look up the parts. This engine is used on many a boat.

My dealer sucks and id just asume get the parts from NAPA if they have them, alot cheeper that way usually too. Thats were I'll get my plugs PVC valve and fuel filter from. No worries if I have to i'll go home and take the parts off to take down there with me.
    06 Outback V

Doing a search on the board I wasnt able to find any info on Cap and rotor part no. So for search information purposes heres what I ended up with. Cap and rotor kit I used is an Accel part no. 8132. This kit is a bit more expensive but has brass inserts and is much nicer thant the stock one. Im using NGK plugs part no. BPR6EFS instead of the AC plugs.

Oh and BTW, I called my dealer and they didnt have the parts in stock but could get them in less than a day. So im sure I just bypassed the middle man by not going through the dealer.
    Last edited by byronkoz; 04-24-2010 at 11:49 AM.
    06 Outback V

oh and fuel filter is Wix part no. 33299
    06 Outback V