Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow lots of replies, awesome. I definitely don't need enough power and volume to be "that guy" on the lake, but I do want quality sound. With that being said, I looked closer at the specs on the 3-some and one worry is the decreased head room that might come with that setup. Maybe I should focus more on a comparison between the Double Up vs. Pro-80s vs. XM7s.

I guess now I need to find a place near Spokane that I can hear the WS and Exile speakers before I make a decision...
    2007 Mobius LS

Cool

Just to throw fuel in the fire,maybe look at the Bullet Hollowpoints as well. We have a local dealer here that was diong a little comparison of all Three above brands and maybe they should be considered as well.
    As mentioned above, Listen to All . One brand may sound good to one but not all.
    Tim Welcome.
    Hopefully you can ,add pertinent info on here as well,for those of us ,with much less experience and knowledge as yourself ,especially in your obvious specialty.

jonyb - I did read Tim's post pretty closesly and understand the size difference between the XM7 and Pro 80s. However as there is no offering from Exile in the 8" range, so my inclination is now to consider XM7s, Pro80s, Double Up, etc... regardless of the size difference. My priorities are sound quality, maintaining some headroom, and of course trying not to break the bank. Other than that I really don't care if it's 6.5", 8" or whatever else might be on the market.

You bring up an excellend point though, I really don't want to spend a bunch of money on something I won't be happy with and end up upgrading again next season.
    Last edited by bbyquist; 04-24-2010 at 03:35 PM.
    2007 Mobius LS

So I just went and listened to a pair of Pro80s at a local shop - damn they sound nice. Unfortunately nobody that I know of locally stocks Exile so not sure I"ll be able to hear those for a while.

Not to completely change gears with this thread, but does ~$1000 for install sound reasonable to you guys? This quote was including all labor, install kits, wire, RCA cables, etc... needed to install tower speakers, new deck, 2 amps, sub and ws420 EQ.
    2007 Mobius LS

I just had the same installed 2 amps, new head unit , tower speakers(the tower was already wired), 6 in boat speakers and sub. The labor was $400 the total was $1000 but that was a rockford 4 channel amp and new Ken 440 head unit and all the rca cables and parts and sub and enclosure. They worked on it from 9am to 6pm so $400 for labor was not bad I think the parts might have been a tad high but happy over all.

I just got a quote from a local shop for a 2nd battery, tower speakers, 2 ambs and a sub and they r going to charge $300 for labor.
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

Wow, sounds like you guys are getting a steal at $300-400. Maybe I should get quotes from a few more places...
    2007 Mobius LS

I was quoted 1K on my tower last summer, then decided i could learn and do it myself. So i did.

I got a boat at Exile right now, 06 Mobius, wants me to do 6 cabins, tower, 3 amps, 2 batteries and wire it for the Exile sub enclosure. Boat only has 6 cabins 1 amp and 1 battery.

i;m doing the install for around 400. Im no pro but you can see my work in my Got Tunes threads.

Big stereo shops charge big money.

How fare is Portland from you? You can go right to the Exile shop and see and hear there products, if you can get the boat there we might be able to work a deal for your install.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Tim, while it maybe the case on other sites, there are no sales reps "in disguise" here. All the reps that frequent this site are out in the open and honest without need to deal in mis-information. In fact if we were to catch one doing so or blazing away at the competition needlessly banishment would be the order of the day.
    You go boy
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

mmandley - Portland is about 6-7hr drive each way so I would think any cost savings would be offset by a hefty gas bill. Thanks for the kind offer though.

I'm going to look for a couple more quotes just to make sure the first two were in line. I have a lead on a couple smaller shops in the area that apparently do nice work with boats.
    2007 Mobius LS