Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
You get what you pay for.....

You guys are saying $300-$400, it sounds like they're not doing anything special. There's a lot of variables to an install. Custom ampracks, keeping all the wiring hidden, and also making the install bulletproof so when the boat crushes big waves it won't all fall apart. When you add 4-5 amps that are fairly large, you'll run out of room and have to do something pretty creative. Thats when the price starts going up. Things like that are very time consuming.

Big shops have big taxes, big insurance premiums, payroll, and other big expenses. They also pay the best installers to do the job.
Right you are JonyB. I have a ton amount of time in my system install. All the connections are solid and heat shrunk, all the wires and connections are first rate. I don't think 400 is bad to pay for a lot of this, but when they said 1K for the tower all it was is to run the wires into the cubby and mount an amp. That was a bit much, even last summer i did it in 9 hours learning the whole time and that's equal to paying myself 100 an hour.

I'm not saying or implying my install can compete with the Pros out there but if you look at the install its pretty tight. Theres a couple things i see that i want to fix but i will get those done. I have great respect to the pros and those others here like yourself that do this for a living and wouldn't try to stand in the same league as you.

Then again a determined owner with some time and patience can get it done and then look back and be proud of the work.