Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rub Rail Question

I have a 2007 LSV and am looking to switch from the rubber rub rail to the stainless rub rail. Has anyone done this yet and if so where did you order from and how difficult was it?
    Don't need nothin but a good time!!!!

I here it's a PIA

Do a search on "stainless" and "rail". Moombadaze was looking at doing this and there was a discussion about it in the last 3-4 months or so. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Do a search on "stainless" and "rail". Moombadaze was looking at doing this and there was a discussion about it in the last 3-4 months or so. Good luck!

If I remember correctly, I think that tread is a dead end. Not sure what the conclusion on this was. I would be interested to know???

Rubrails are no fun with rubber, i can't imagine the pain in the rear a stainless one would be.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Check out the pictures of our LS on here. It has the stainless rub rail and it looks awesome!!!

There is a picture here of 2 moombas both blue one with it and one without it so you can compare and see what you like.

Oh and having used a similiar product on cars I don't think it would be that difficult.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10822&page=4

I ordered mine and had it installed by viper customs on my supra I think it looks 10 times better

I still want to do it, its just a money thing for now. Might be this coming winters project. Trying to figure out if I can replace just the insert or do I have to do the whole rubber piece.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    I still want to do it, its just a money thing for now. Might be this coming winters project. Trying to figure out if I can replace just the insert or do I have to do the whole rubber piece.
    Tell me about this money thing, we had to pay Uncle Sam! I say this as I make my peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.
    But it does sound like a good winter thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonba1 View Post
    I ordered mine and had it installed by viper customs on my supra I think it looks 10 times better
    If you don't mind me asking, how much was the cost of the materials and how much did they charge you for the install?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV