Default 07 Outback V How To Need help

I figure Id start this thread since I no longer have a local dealer and plan to do all my maintenance now. I do it on my cars I did it on my old I/O Might as well start on the Vdrive. And Jeff Your more then welcome to bring your boat over and we can tackle these together! =o)

Anyway Im going to post some pictures later tonight on questions I have. But to start it off where are the below located (Pics would be great)

1)Fuel Filter / Water Seperator (Are they one in the same or to parts)?
    2)Transmission Cooler Filter?

Parts;
    1)Is this the correct Impeller Kit? http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RP061018

Thanks
    Last edited by SanMarzano; 04-03-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanMarzano View Post
    1)Fuel Filter / Water Seperator (Are they one in the same or to parts)?
    2)Transmission Strainer?
    1) If you dont thave one, download an Indmar engine manual, it has diagrams to help locating items, too. http://www.indmar.com/ProductLine/index.html My fuel seperator is on the port side, where manual fuel pumps were located on older gm engines, for the filter not found it yet. Some have mentioned one just past the fuel tank...not on mine.. I to am puzzled if they are not one in the same on a non carb engine. (shown in the Indmar manual p5-2). I am going double check mine again.

2) On mine if you follow the fresh inlet hose it goes to the Vdrive then out from it the next item is Trany strainer, near where a oil filter would screw on the block. (also shown in the Indmar manual p2-4).

Parts;
    1)Is this the correct Impeller Kit? http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RP061018
    1) yes that is it for a Johnson 812 pump.
    Last edited by mcdye; 04-02-2010 at 01:49 PM.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

LOL....Man I got put on BLAST on the web....LOL.

I bought the parts for the oil removing drill pump thing ! That is as far as I've gotten though.

I should take you up on that offer and head your way someday and get it done !

I might have Danny W change my oil and just credit him some pulls instead of gas $$$$.

I need to get an impeller and a spare for the glove box !

Bought a fake-a-lake today going to order the impeller on monday. New speakers coming on thursday!

Use the one you pull out as the spare

So is this the remote oil drain hose? Bottom left first pic. Also what is this in the second pic (top right in the box)
    Attached Images Attached Images

1pix.... y that appears to be the oil drin line.. you can trace it back with ur hand i bet it goes to the bottom of the oil pan...

2pix...it appears to be the fiuld box for the hydraulic wake plate. mine looks similar but located in the starboard locker.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

ok where is this transmission filter or where have you heard mention of it? There is a tranny filter screen but that is almost nonserviceable due to its location on the underside of the tranny.

just did a search...intesting what Enginenut has to say
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....smission+fluid

ok, i guess it can be done https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....mission+filter

i get to have some fun in 8 more hours
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 04-25-2010 at 02:44 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Ok Fake a Lake worked and oil is draining. Still cant find the fuel filter....Is there a water strainer also? Also for some reason I thought the impeller housing would be on the side...it looks to be on the back of the boat under the muffler. I dont have my replacement impeller today but how the heck do you get to it?

You can pull off the muffler, Or just try and reach back in there and do it half blindly !

Ok Fake a Lake worked and oil is draining. Still cant find the fuel filter....Is there a water strainer also? Also for some reason I thought the impeller housing would be on the side...it looks to be on the back of the boat under the muffler. I dont have my replacement impeller today but how the heck do you get to it?
    On mine I didnt have to pull the muffler to change the impeller, but yeah the covers on the back side. Just pull the cover, use some needle nose plyers and WD40 and wiggle it out. I unpluged my coil from the destributor and just bumped the motor over a little between working it out with the plyers. Its a little tight getting to it but just get yourself in a comfortable possition and work at it. Mine was still in really good condition so I use it as a spare.

The fuel filter on mine is just along the passanger side stringer next to the starter. You have to pull the devider off to get to it as its down in the bilge.

Wix Part No. 33299 for the fuel filter.
    06 Outback V