Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Cruise to perfect pass

Hi I was wondering if anyone who has upgraded from moomba cruise to perfect pass has done anything cool where the moomba cruise used to be. thanks

my pp is in that triangle where moomba cruize would be

Quite a few members have done this upgrade. I know I'll be doing the PP Stargazer in about a month.

I just put stargazer in and WOW what a difference form the moomba cruise. That Moomba cruise is not made for wakeboarding or skiing!!!!

What's all to the upgrade process?? I'm not exactly up on what it takes to upgrade from the moomba cruise to PP. What do you have to take out/put in to upgrade? Sorry for being so ignorant on it.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I just did this, have yet to turn it on (boat is still in garage )

As others have mentioned, it is really easy to install. We have 2008 OBV with Moomba Cruise. You basically remove the Moomba Cruise unit from under dash and replace with new unit (I have comment on this later), connect a plug in the engine compartment (just a plug to an existing connector, not wiring to helm area), install processor box under dash/helm and connect cables, gps receiver. That's it, pretty simple ... but, I have yet to power up so maybe it will be harder than it seems.

More on the I/O unit. For our boat, the way they installed the bolts that hold the unit in place, the unit sits slightly off center (down and to the right). Not a big deal, but will bug me every time I look at it. Will need to figure way to center it.
    2008 Outback V

Just ordered mine today. Should be here in about 2 days.

Stoked!
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

I got my perfect pass and love it. Now for the to buttons. I removed the original switches and added led switches for my new LED rings. I had to do something with that space. Those old switches were useless. Now I have a great use for that space now.

Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I think once I'm finished with this mod I'll start looking at LED options. Probably dash and cabin lighting. That's pretty sweet tazz, nice work!

2007 Outback V

Wow! I ordered yesterday and it just arrived. Should have this baby installed by the weekend. Talk about great customer service! Nova Scotians are the bomb! Thanks again Perfect Pass for your top notch customer service.

2007 Outback V