Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newby from MS

Default Newby from MS

Hey everyone, I'm new to the inboards. I had a 07 Bayliner 175 that was our first boat. The wife and I test drove a Moomba and we're hooked. We just sold the bayliner and plan to have us a moomba in a couple of weeks. I hope to make some new friends and learn alot from you guys. Grady

Welcome to the forum Grady! There's a lot of great people here and some fantastic info as well.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Welcome! What variety of Moomba are you looking to buy?

welcome- once you go inboard you never go back
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

We're leaning toward the outback v, but I read on here alot of good things about the lsv. Whichever one we find a deal on, and can agree on. lol

They are all good choices. Best to consider garage space, the types of uses you are after, the size/ # of people you typically have out with you, and your tow vehicle. Best of luck! Lots of folks on here willing to help out and answer questions.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Welcome Grady.. i lived in H'burg for many years, then moved to Madison, MS.. Now in UPstate, NY.. You gonna ride on Paul B? or private lake?

I had Outback DD and Now LSV.. Love my LSV. Either the OBV or LSV are great boats..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by Grady View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm new to the inboards. I had a 07 Bayliner 175 that was our first boat. The wife and I test drove a Moomba and we're hooked. We just sold the bayliner and plan to have us a moomba in a couple of weeks. I hope to make some new friends and learn alot from you guys. Grady
    Hi Grady:
    Welcome to the forum. I came from a 97 185SS Bayliner with a 4.3 Merc. All I can tell you is WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I love my LSV. So much so that my wife talks about it as the "other woman." That being said, she truly enjoys the time out and, believe or not, she spends more time behind it than I do.
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

Kane,
    Its just me and the wife right now, so thats one reason leaning toward the obv, but I'd like to get something that I'm not gonna out grow, either. My tow veh (my wife is jealous) 07 sierra denali 6.2 all wheel drive, is ready for whatever we hook too.lol

04outback
    UPstate, your a long way from home.lol We'll prob be going to Paul B or the flint lake in Wiggins. It looked to be pretty nice as well. We live just outside Camp Shelby so Paul b will be the closest one to us. Any you would suggest?

Tiger
    I know what you mean bout the "other woman". lol We test drove the obv it was night and day. I was like "WOW" wished we would've know this in the beginning. We wanted to trade that day but was going to take too much of a loss compared to selling. My wife is the same way, she spends more time behind the boat, then in it. I gotta tell her to take a break, the water isn't going anywhere. lol