Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vent / overflow on front sac

So i am going to switch my front sac with one of my back sacks as the back sacs have a fill/drain ports on 1 end and another fitting on top. I plan on running a hose off the top front of the sac to a thru hull fitting. this should allow for venting/burping the sac and also it should flow when the sac is full.

ANy issues with that thought process? as long as the thru hull is above the line of the sac, it should not freely drain, correct?
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Correct, run the vent off the top of the bag and up near the threw hull and add a Y connector and your golden
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

don't forget the check valve to keep the water from rolling back in through the vent as it's draining.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I think I need to do this too. My front bag fills up with air. Can you use the existing thru-hull and a Y connector? If you add a check valve in the vent line, will air push right through it and get out?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't see why not. the water is going to force the air out the first available hole, the venthole. should be a case where once you see water coming out, you're full.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

my original plan was to add another through hull, but, if I understand correctly,
    If I put a check valve on, I can use a Y and use the current drain for front?

Check valve go above or below the y? Above I would assume so it does not flow back down the other side of the Y?

Thanks
    Picking up the boat from Winter Jail today hoping to get to work on some of these chores!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I would think it goes below the Y on the vent side. That way, when you pump out, anything that slips down the other side of the Y gets checked. Any air pushed up through the valve that tries to go down the drain side is eventually going to get pushed up by the rising water. This sound right?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I got my Vent right before the Threw Hull. This is so no air while trailering the boat fills my bags. Air coming up B side of the Y is not going to down A side very far. It will hit the pump down there and stop. The path of least resistance will still be threw the valve out the threw hull fitting.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mmm. Good point.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have pics of how I installed the wye fitting and check valve for my rear bags in the link in my sig. I did the same thing for the front bags too. So if the bag fills with air while trailering it doesn't matter. As it gets filled with water any air is pushed out the drain thru-hull. And when draining the bags the check valve keeps the water from coming back to the bag thru the vent line.