Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

We don't hit the water on Memorial Day, July 4th (unless were at Shasta) or Labor Day due to all the freaking morons on the water at our local lake. Instead we show up at the ramp with an EZ-up, chairs, cooler and video cam to watch and chronicle the follies. It's hilarious to see some of the stuff that happens and without a doubt it's the twice a year boaters that please the best!

During those days the watercops are always right off the ramp, last year besidea all the normal follies a Mastercraft X-Star launches with a butt load of 20 somethings onboard. Well besides the fact that a few of the girls were transom riding while underway in the no-wake zone, one of the girls steps onto the swim platform, slides off and pees in the lake while underway! All this right in front of the cops not 50ft. away! What a bunch of morons!

Watercops immediately stop them, cite the captain, give them a 30 minute or so safety inspection, find some goods, arrest a guy and kick the boat off the lake! All because the captain didn't have control of his crew or his boat, what a dipshnit!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Now Razz that is funny. What you should do is talk to the friends of that boat and see if they would like to buy the video or their friends on the bow or their friend using the swim platform of the friend being taken away. I think the last two would bring in the most money.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

That's a good one!! lol

Headed to the boat ramp on Friday for the first time (ever)! I'll let you know how it turns out. Luckily it's a one way trip. Honestly, I'm more concerned with pulling it into the single slip with lift. Hopefully the wind won't be that bad. We only get cross winds in our cove.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    2009 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    We don't hit the water on Memorial Day, July 4th (unless were at Shasta) or Labor Day due to all the freaking morons on the water at our local lake. Instead we show up at the ramp with an EZ-up, chairs, cooler and video cam to watch and chronicle the follies. It's hilarious to see some of the stuff that happens and without a doubt it's the twice a year boaters that please the best!

During those days the watercops are always right off the ramp, last year besidea all the normal follies a Mastercraft X-Star launches with a butt load of 20 somethings onboard. Well besides the fact that a few of the girls were transom riding while underway in the no-wake zone, one of the girls steps onto the swim platform, slides off and pees in the lake while underway! All this right in front of the cops not 50ft. away! What a bunch of morons!

Watercops immediately stop them, cite the captain, give them a 30 minute or so safety inspection, find some goods, arrest a guy and kick the boat off the lake! All because the captain didn't have control of his crew or his boat, what a dipshnit!
    I say you put it on Youtube and send us the link

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post

I love it... in Oklahoma, thunderstorms will make people scurry for the ramp. When storms are imminent, we pack a cooler and move from my place down to my buddies place, where we can watch the ramp... Guys in boats, yelling at girls in th tow vehicles, jack-knifed jet ski trailers, missed approaches, boas baning together out in the "que"....

Some folks need to find a quiet evening during the week after work and PRACTICE!!!!! Launch the boat, let the driver drive away, then re-set the trailer on the ramp. Drive the boat on, to the stop.... Then back off and repeat.... I have a boat mechanic buddy that I helped for years; I was the wheel man in the truck dumping the boat. We would be ready and he would be in the boat prior to getting to the ramp. I have never stop-watched it, but we can back down, launch, and be out of the way in less than 2 minutes, maybe only a minute.

Now I have my boat, and learned all that prep work from my mechanic friend... My wife grew up on a farm/ranch and she can back a trailer.... perfectly. She and I both love pulling up to the ramp, being as patient as we can while Joe Weekender loads his floaties, his cooler, and his big bag of towels, snorkels and all that crap.... THEN goes to put the plug in and tries 3 times to get the trailer straight...

While he is parking, (the parking lot has full view of the ramp) we whip in, back STRAIGHT up, the transom goes in the water, the motor fires and goes into reverse while the trailer is sill going backwards, the bow strap is already unhooked, the boat hits the water, slides off, she stops and immediately puts the truck in forward and drives away.... That rocks.

The biggest problem is when I am horribly impatient, and am turnning blue in the face resisting the urge to yell at the idiot three rigs in front to get his crap done PRIOR to blocking the ramp...

Phil

So you know.....

I have forgotten the plug once.....

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    So you know.....

I have forgotten the plug once.....

I thought that was on purpose-you know testing to make sure the auto bildge pump is functioning properly. One does that right next to the ramp so if its not working you can load the boat right back on the trailer-could idea is to check it once a year.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    I thought that was on purpose-you know testing to make sure the auto bildge pump is functioning properly. One does that right next to the ramp so if its not working you can load the boat right back on the trailer-could idea is to check it once a year.
    Hah, once a year. You check yours that way once a year?

"nuther funny...

My boat mechanic gets a bass boat put back together for the owner, and takes him and the boat to the lake to do a test run. Everything ran fine, and they were not on the water that long, out, ran it full throttle, then back on the trailer, but apparently the owner about sunk it the next day. I do not recall which way for sure it went, but either on test day, or the next day, the bass boat owner mistakenly put the boat plug in the livewell drain... NOT the boat drain.... Since the bass boat owner had been around boats for years, I believe my mechanic never checked the drain plug...

Have not checked it on the new boat--the 03 worked just fine the couple times it got checked. The 08 is about due to be checked
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart