Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The 750's make a difference. From the 400lb to the 750lb can be the difference between letting go of the rope or not The extra 350lb difference is like two men or three hot chicks. The 750's fit right in the XLV with no problem. Matter of fact, the 1100lb sacs will fit and fill up every bit of space. I pick up my 1100's this week. If you add weight to the back, you should be adding weight to the front. This will lengthen the pocket of the wave. Without the additional front weight you'll have a tall, short wave that will be kinda hard to stay in the sweet spot. You'll sacrifice some size with the weight in the front but you get more room to play.

I see that people have the 1180lb bag in the front, which replaces the stock 650lb bag. I just do not see it fitting in there, when I have my front bag filled all the way, it starts to lift open the front cushion. If I leave the stock front 650lb bag in and just replace the two rear bags from 400lb to 750lbs, will my wakeboard and wake surf wake be ok? I do not want to add to much if any more weight to the front, I do not like water coming over the bow!
    ________
    Vapir No2
    Last edited by jetpilot2002; 03-06-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot2002 View Post
    I see that people have the 1180lb bag in the front, which replaces the stock 650lb bag. I just do not see it fitting in there, when I have my front bag filled all the way, it starts to lift open the front cushion. If I leave the stock front 650lb bag in and just replace the two rear bags from 400lb to 750lbs, will my wakeboard and wake surf wake be ok? I do not want to add to much if any more weight to the front, I do not like water coming over the bow!
    you don't need to fill the bags completely if you are worried about too much ballast for wake boarding. surfin the web, found these guys on youtube, pretty passionate about surfing. looks like the best way is to pack the boat full of people, fill what ballast you can on that side, and move people around to get the best wave starting at the back corner.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZOH508Pn2Y

Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot2002 View Post
    In my XLV with the stock center sac I have plenty of room for the extra length of the 1180 sac but I question the dimensions of the width of the 1180 sac and the width of the locker. However, I guess the bag can squeeze upwards. I do not have the problem of the bow cushion lifting up. Is your stock 650 sac pushed to the front of the locker or the back?

I use all stock ballast along with 2 500lb v-drive sacs and a 750 fatty in the floor towards the back port side of the interior. This really helped clean up my wake.

I'll let you guys know how my 1100's in rear lockers and 1100 in the center locker work. I also have a 400lb sac on the way for the bow and/or if I'm running a small crew I can throw it on the side seat on the surf side.

Default perfect wakesurfing wave 2009 XLV

Hello all with 2009-2010 XLV 23 ft, I have been exploring the perfect wakesurfing wave and found I am almost there, therefore I could use any tips to round out the Perfect Wave

after trying 750 lbs fatsacks we were nearly there, then I got the 1100 lbs and now we are there yehaa. That being said, I think I can do better, the center standard stock bag does two things: 1. helps spread the wave a bit but I loose the curl so is it worth it to get the 1100 center bag please advise fellow enthusiast...

trim at 80% really helps, surf on

Lew, I've been experimenting the last two months. So far the best wave I've found is 1100 full on surfside (I'm goofy footed), 1180 center almost full, 400 on surfside seat corner, 400 in the bow, and finally about 250-300 in the opposite side v-drive locker (this sinks the back of the boat even more for more displacement). By the way, this is with only a driver and one passenger. If you want more push and longer pocket, you're gonna sacrifice some wave height and some of the curl. I'm currently using a 22ft Ronix surf rope and the pocket is all the way to the end of the rope and maybe a couple feet past. I'm surfing at 12-12.5mph but that's with a Shred Stixx Thresher. If I used my Triple X skim board (sold it already) I was around 10.5-11mph
    Last edited by you da man; 07-28-2010 at 10:01 PM.

You Da Man would you please post a pic of that wake and also a pic of somebody surfing it? Pleaaaasssssseeee.
    2009 Moomba XLV

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    You Da Man would you please post a pic of that wake and also a pic of somebody surfing it? Pleaaaasssssseeee.
    The only problem with pics is...I have none. The past 3 times I've been out I've only had a halfass decent driver that couldn't keep a steady speed and no passengers to take pics. I promise I'll try to get something this Sunday.