Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wakesurfing an XLV

This weekend will be my first weekend to attempt to wakesurf my new XLV. I have 750 sacs in the rear and an 1100 sac in the center. What side of the boat is usually best on the XLV...goofy or regular?

i always seem to have a better wave on the regular (glove box) side of my 05 lsv. have same bag setup. hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    This weekend will be my first weekend to attempt to wakesurf my new XLV. I have 750 sacs in the rear and an 1100 sac in the center. What side of the boat is usually best on the XLV...goofy or regular?
    Well, regardless of which side has the better wake, it will be easier to surf if are facing the wake. So if you are regular, surf on the port side.

You should get a great surf wave with that boat and your ballast set up.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thumbs up

you should add another 400lb or 450lb sac under the observer seat and glove box than you will get a 4foot wake. It rocks
    08 XLV

Quote Originally Posted by Natz08 View Post
    you should add another 400lb or 450lb sac under the observer seat and glove box than you will get a 4foot wake. It rocks
    That's not an option. I'm not putting that much water near my 3 amps, 3 batteries, and onboard charger. I'm probably going to get a 1000lb bow sac and or a few of those 155lb Fat Sac blocks to play with to lengthen the pocket of the wave

Well, How did it go?

I've got a 2007 with a similar setup, and I've noticed the wave is tall, but it doesn't stay tall and it's very close to the back of the boat... It's like 3.5 feet tall right off the swim step.

How have you been doing your setup? Which bags are you filling to the max, and which are you partial filling?
    2007 XLV

Upgraded Kenwood Deck, MX700.5, MX350.4, 6 Fusion 6.5's on the tower, 2 Rockford 10's,

Dual Batteries with Perko and ACR.

Gravity games 3PLUS - 2 750's in the rear

Swivel seat upgrade

Turned out that the parts guy decided on his own to order the 565lb sacs instead of the 750 sacs I told the service dept to install when they upgraded from GI to GGIII. I discovered this on the first day out then called the dealer and bitched about it. To make it right the dealer had the parts guy call me and apologize and asked what I wanted. I now have two 1,100 jumbo v-drive sacs waiting for me at the dealer. I've noticed that with bow weight (I had 3 adults up front) the wave gets longer and easier to stay in the pocket.

Default Wakesurfing behind an XLV

I was actually out yesterday and tried experimenting with the sacs to get the best wave. I had the front and side sacs filled along with two additional 540 lbs. that I placed in the back and side we were surfing on.

We got a pretty good clean wave on the goofy side, but the regular side wasn't too clean. I also experimented with the wake plate and speed and couldn't seem to get it right.

Does anyone have any ideas? What speed, plate position, weight distribution works for others?

Appreciate any help!!!

MJB

I'm paying attention to this, need some help figuring out that wave for my friends' xlv

Does the 750 bags fit good back in the rear lockers and does it change the wave that much? Also would you change the back bags or the front bag to larger bags first?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV