Threaded View

Default Problems with Liquid Force Brigade

So this is my first season wake surfing and with a background in ocean surfing and some expert tips from Ed I can surf for as long as I want (and get a few reos in) on one of my boards - http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...detail&p=54812.

The problem I have is that I am having a tremendously difficult time riding my other board - http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...detail&p=55839

Before I sell the board in favor of another I want to get some advice from you guys.

Basically when I get up on the Brigade I have to lean ridiculously far forward, with a very wide stance, to stay on the wave and even then I will eventually fall off the back.
    So I'm thinking it could be any of the following:
    1. Having a smaller v-drive (OBV) the wave Im getting might not be sufficient for this particular board.
    2. I'm doing something wrong. I'm open to this but I really do think that I am giving this board all that I can and it just isn't fast enough to stay on our small-to-moderate wake.
    3. Fin size. The fins on the Brigade are tiny! Close to the size of wakeboard fins whereas the landlock has ocean size fins.
    4. Rocker shape. I don't really know anything about rocker but I hear it all the time in surfing, wakeboarding and wakesurfing. Never paid attention.
    5. Board is bad. Can these EVA Foam boards get water-logged?

At the end of the day the landlock is effortless and incredibly fast on the wake (I find myself having to throw a hand in the wave on occasions to stop myself hittig the boat) and the brigade feels like trying to surf on a 500lb car hood.

Does anybody have experience with this board?
    Last edited by aaroncat; 04-19-2010 at 07:50 PM.
    2009 Outback V