Results 1 to 2 of 2
04-19-2010, 08:45 PM #1
Problems with Liquid Force Brigade
So this is my first season wake surfing and with a background in ocean surfing and some expert tips from Ed I can surf for as long as I want (and get a few reos in) on one of my boards - http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...detail&p=54812.
The problem I have is that I am having a tremendously difficult time riding my other board - http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...detail&p=55839
Before I sell the board in favor of another I want to get some advice from you guys.
Basically when I get up on the Brigade I have to lean ridiculously far forward, with a very wide stance, to stay on the wave and even then I will eventually fall off the back.
So I'm thinking it could be any of the following:
1. Having a smaller v-drive (OBV) the wave Im getting might not be sufficient for this particular board.
2. I'm doing something wrong. I'm open to this but I really do think that I am giving this board all that I can and it just isn't fast enough to stay on our small-to-moderate wake.
3. Fin size. The fins on the Brigade are tiny! Close to the size of wakeboard fins whereas the landlock has ocean size fins.
4. Rocker shape. I don't really know anything about rocker but I hear it all the time in surfing, wakeboarding and wakesurfing. Never paid attention.
5. Board is bad. Can these EVA Foam boards get water-logged?
At the end of the day the landlock is effortless and incredibly fast on the wake (I find myself having to throw a hand in the wave on occasions to stop myself hittig the boat) and the brigade feels like trying to surf on a 500lb car hood.
Does anybody have experience with this board?
Last edited by aaroncat; 04-19-2010 at 08:50 PM.2009 Outback V
04-20-2010, 01:19 AM #2
I'm far from an expert but it looks to me like the second board is half the size of the first one. Without enough surface area you can still surf but it is going to take all you got just to keep going. I go about 220 lbs. and I'll tell you that without enough wake I can't do anything on a board-- I keep losing the wake. Even with a good sized wake, if I get a little behind I have just about no chance of catching back up.My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
2000 Outback LS (sold)
P5 Danielo Diamond 58"