Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

Very cool, hope you find a ride.

Just a couple of comments before you get yourself possibly all bent out of shape. Your new ski has many many variables now. Set up may take some time. Keep good notes. Try to figure out how the ski was meant to run - neutral, forward back. Try to figure out what the ski is trying to do if you can't get it to work. Is it diving in, is it washing out etc. Trouble getting up? Are the bindings in the right place? Riding too high, how is the fin position are the bindings forward enough hows the cheater.

Just take the first pass easy and try and feel what the ski can do and what it's not doing, then go forward. I have rarely rode a ski that didn't need a tweak or two.

If you have questions you can contact Radar directly.
    http://www.radarskis.com/skis.html

Whe I got my Annex last year from an internet dealer I bought the bindings separately. I contacted them for recommended setup and they got right back to me ...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Thanks for the tips! Right now I've got it set up neutral at the dealers reccomendation. I'd imagine it will take some tweaking; I'm super particular on my wakeboard stance and angles, so I'd imagine the ski being faster and less surface area will be even more for me to figure out, haha.
    2013 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

Well let us know and have fun

FINALLY getting out to ride in a few hours, I am very excited.
    2013 Outback V

First impression:

More agressive than the EP, but in a good way. I need toget used to the double boot, having my back foot locked in makes it harder for me to steer. I also need to get comfortable and losen the back boot, as my foot cramped up pretty quick.

Any tips from someone whose gone from single to double on how to make the transition?
    2013 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

I find with the cramping keep the boot slippery. I use vasoline. The problem is the boot grips your foot and it doesn't move at all and this while the material is meant to stretch. With the vasoline, it doesn't wash out right away after you get in the water, and it lets the foot move enough to stop the discomfort. Also depending on the boot loosen the cross overs at the base by undoing the srews and letting it out to the next set. Basically you need to break it in and get used to it, but for now these tricks should help.

Any video or pics of this maiden voyage?

No pics/vids, this was an impromptu trip to the boat. Gave it another set, with the back boot laces loose on the bottom and snug up top and it was a world of improvent! Much easier steering for me, and no cramps. I already think I'm going to love this ski. It's like being on rails, alot faster but ilike it
    2013 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

Cool, and that was just the Senate right, not the Senate Carbon?

Yea. I think the carbon would be too much ski for me, at least right now.
    2013 Outback V