Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Very nice install Al as usual. Get the hose you needed ok?

Hmmmm ... I could add a rear vent there by adding this to the hose under the helm.
    Razz,

Where did you find that Y? I need to add a 4th vent and the Y's at homedepot are not the correct size.

Al, Very nice install. When are you going out to water test it?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Razz,

Where did you find that Y? I need to add a 4th vent and the Y's at homedepot are not the correct size.

Al, Very nice install. When are you going out to water test it?
    Jester,

The Y is available at:

http://www.heatercraft.com/category....19&startpage=0

Thanks for the compliment. We are going out tomorrow and will be field testing it then. I will take some pics of the finished product and post it here as well.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al, great job and instructions, a how to top 10
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Razz,

I am installing the same heating system, and was wondering how the helm vent was installed. Can you snap a pic so I can see where your's was installed?

Also you can get the "Y" from Go2Marine.com http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=74730F

They seem to have all the parts for these heaters.

Thanks,
    Scott
    08 LSV, FAE, GIII upgraded to Johnson Reservable pumps, Evolution Cover, Flow.

Al and MI-LSV. Thanks for the links. That will be very useful.

Al, Cannot wait to see how everything turned out today.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

So my heater install is all done, got out to the lake today and everything works great. No leaks and the air blows nice and warm and there's plenty of cfm at all three vents. All in all, this was a fun and fairly straight forward project. There is a little bit of everything - electrical, plumbing, air ducts, and of course, drilling of big holes in the boat. None of it is very complicated so it's a good do it yourself project.

Thought I would post a few final pics of the install.

Here is the view under the dash. I had to relocate the PerfectPass module to make more room for the flex hose and I also zip tied a lot of the misc wires to get them out of the way of the tubes.

Here's a pic of the hoses going to the heater core. You can see the hose on the right that goes to the rear hot tube.

Instead of using the supplied switch, I used an existing three position switch on my dash. It was the ballast switch for the old Gravity I ballast system. When I had the dealer upgrade the ballast to the GIII system, they added three new switches under the throttle and left the original switch on the dash. So I ordered a heater faceplate from the dealer for $5 and replaced the ballast switch faceplate with it.

Here's a pic of the completed project.
    Last edited by cab13367; 04-26-2010 at 02:57 AM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

And here's a pic of my family enjoying the fruit of my labor today Air temp was in the mid-60's with water temp at 55 so the heaters definitely came in handy. The kids liked crawling under the bow cover with a heater vent while under way. Kept in nice and toasty in there.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Looks real good Al. Was nice meeting the rest of your family and hanging out with you.

We had a great time yesterday and it was great seeing people on the water we knew lol.

Air temp would have felt a lot better if the sun was out but the water wasnt to bad. Al can attest i trunked it yesterday swimming and surfing. 56 is no thang but a chilly thang.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Looks real good Al. Was nice meeting the rest of your family and hanging out with you.

Al can attest i trunked it yesterday swimming and surfing. 56 is no thang but a chilly thang.
    Al:
    The install looks awesome! I am jealous and I may have to follow suit! People like you on this forum always get me wanting to do things to my boat. Mike helped me through the jitters of installing a set of Wetsounds on my tower last summer. This year may be the time to put in the heater. At that total cost, sweat equity comes cheap!
    Mike:
    If you jumped in 54 degree water with just swim trunks, my hat's off to you. How was the shrinkage???? LOL!
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTigers View Post
    Al:
    The install looks awesome! I am jealous and I may have to follow suit! People like you on this forum always get me wanting to do things to my boat. Mike helped me through the jitters of installing a set of Wetsounds on my tower last summer. This year may be the time to put in the heater. At that total cost, sweat equity comes cheap!
    Mike:
    If you jumped in 54 degree water with just swim trunks, my hat's off to you. How was the shrinkage???? LOL!
    Well as i told Claudia when she asked me the same thing, i said some thing shrink and some things pucker.

Surprisingly i got in at first because i needed to drain the coffee, and 2 bottles of water i drank, the water was so cold i couldn't though LOL. i normally don't wear a vest unless i board because ive been swimming my whole life but a vest in that cold of water does help you stay warmer.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]