Default couple of questions

#1 Do any of you put Loctite on the bolts to your bindings? If so what color do you use?

#2 I have been looking at a charger for my boat and I only have 1 battery in it right now, I will add another later. What are some of the chargers you guys use. I want something I can plug into the wall and leave it till next time I go out.

#3 I bought a shopvac for using in the boat. What size power inverter will run a shopvac? I have a 300 watt now and it will not run it very well. Any ideas on this?

The vac is 11.5 amps so will a 1500 watt continuous power 3000 watts peak power inverter run it fine?

Thanks
    Last edited by badasshybrid; 04-18-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Default Loctite

I would real careful when using Loctite on nthe bindings. If it works too well you will either spin the nuts glassed into the board, or break off the screws in the nuts in the board. Either way you end up with a cool picture to hang on the wall. I think Loctite is water soluable and wouldn't work anyway but I am not sure. I ahve been using SS lock washers on my sons board. Kinda red neck, but it works and looks factory! Went to Wally world for the charger/tender to charge my radio battery at night it was @ 20.00 bucks or so. The inverter I don't have a clue, I shop vac mine in the garage mainly to get the water out of the bilge. For some reason it after a couple of days smells like cat piss! Something to do with the Cumberland River here in CLarksville. Hope this helps.

Shop-Vac running at steady-state is 1380 watts. Inverters are sensitive to the start current for the motor so you would need at least a 2000 watt inverter and possibly larger to overcome the start-up. I would recommwnd finding something that runs off of 12 volts if you plan to carry one in the boat.

I don't use Loctite but I refilled holes with epoxy before and redrilled them when the screws started coming out too easy.

You would want a battery charger that will vary the charge rate based on your battery condition otherwise you would overcharge the battery and evaporate the water over time. A battery tender is good to maintain a charged battery.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

One of the colors of locktite is just a little sticky and just helps a little but doesn't keep you from ever breaking them loose. It think it's the blue and the red is the stuff that is murder to get loose. I just bought some new Hyperlite claws for my daughter and they came with a little of the light blue stuff on the screws-- although I can't say for sure it's locktite and not some other substance. You can probably call Hyperlite to see what they recommend.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OBV6 View Post
    I would real careful when using Loctite on nthe bindings. If it works too well you will either spin the nuts glassed into the board, or break off the screws in the nuts in the board. Either way you end up with a cool picture to hang on the wall. I think Loctite is water soluable and wouldn't work anyway but I am not sure. I ahve been using SS lock washers on my sons board. Kinda red neck, but it works and looks factory! Went to Wally world for the charger/tender to charge my radio battery at night it was @ 20.00 bucks or so. The inverter I don't have a clue, I shop vac mine in the garage mainly to get the water out of the bilge. For some reason it after a couple of days smells like cat piss! Something to do with the Cumberland River here in CLarksville. Hope this helps.
    Some info from the source:
    http://www.loctiteproducts.com/produ...ID=10&SubID=48

Thanks, zegm. I looked at that link from the other thread. I thought the red stuff was the one you have to heat to get off. Don't want to have to heat your wakeboard.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We go through a lot of this stuff building stuff for the Navy. There are so many variations it boggles the mind!

This is straight from Permatex if anyone needs to know:

product name - low strength - med - surface ins - permanent - penetrating
    color - purple - blue - blue - red - green
    torque (in. lbs.)- 62/27 - 115/53 - 180/62 - 189/275 - 90/310
    Break/Prevail

Still havent found a charger like I want, I will prob just go ahead and get another battery and put a 2 bank on it.

The shopvac is going to be used as a vac and a blower for the tubes, got tired of waiting for the little pumps to air the 3 man tube up. Plus the vac has a long hose on it so I just pull the hose and not have to get the whole air pump out anymore. I found an inverter on the net that will run it fine for around 80-100 bucks.

Thanks for the help guys.