Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Jeff,
    When I did my system, I was in the same boat as you were. I removed all the stock kenwood speakers and replaced them with the DB-651in the cabin. I put four MB Quart in the tower. I also put a 10" boaton acoustic G3 sub under the driver dash. I purchased the sub enclosure from www.audioformz.com All the cabin and sub woofer is being power by a Kicker MX750.5 the fifth channel is pushing the sub. The tower speaker is being pushed by a Kick MX350.4. I also changed the HU. I got rid of the stock one and replaced it with a unit that has 3 RCA outputs. One for the cabin, one for the tower, and one for the sub. I am very happy with my system. And it sounds awesome at 80' back. Look at my pictures of my stereo install. I have had it in for 2 seasons and ZERO problems.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I am loving the ideas and feedback thanks everyone. Okay since I am in Wyo and we dont have anyone super close by to install a lot of the stuff, I do have some electrician friends which will help me. So my point is, if I start with powering the cabin speakers and a sub will I need to add a battery? if I could keep it simple and just get started before I can drag my boat to someone to do the hard stuff that would be nice. Would I need anything else if I started that way. new cabin speakers, sub, amp, wiring stuff? how about a crossover or eq? thanks again. If any of you just want to come put a stereo in my boat....hehe

I'll probably have that price range into mine when all is said and done. Been buying stuff all winter. I have the outback so a bit smaller boat but all the stuff to upgrade costs the same
    I'll have new cockpit speakers, new HU, 12in sub, 2new amps, and 4 roswell cans with kicker 6 1/2's on the tower that I bought used from the forum (another member upgrading their stuff). That happens alot
    OH - and 2nd battery with Blue Seas Switch (thanks RAZZ)

On a 2nd note.........where do you do ur boating? Tongue Reservoir??
    Last edited by viking; 04-19-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: add details

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Jeff my suggestion would be to go ahead and do the second batt ... no you don't absolutely need it with that setup BUT ... more sound and more power always leads to more floating and playtime and you don't want to be stuck on the lake without juice to start. It takes that out of the equation and less worry. For the money it's the best thing you can do for around $200.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I'm exactly the same boat (figuratively) as Jeff. I just bought the db651s to replace my cabin speakers as a start and was looking for next steps. I want the get the Kicker 700.5 amp and add a sub while making a custom made enclosure next. I will be doing all of that install myself and was wondering the exact same questions about how to begin expanding my system.

Of course, I'm going to have to piece mine together slowly as I don't have the same budget right now since I blew my whole budget on the boat itself (new to me '03 Mobius that I haven't even taken delivery of yet - still doing some gelcoat and swim pad repair.) So it sounds like I'm on the same path with my system. I also am looking for a nice sound first, then adding the tower setup as I don't have anything on there at all right now. After the amp and sub for the cabin, should I add the second battery before moving on to the tower and amp for that?

I just started following this forum, and enjoy reading where people are actually helpful there don't seem to be any flamewars or a lot of immaturity like you see on so many other message boards.

Viking we do go to tongue river reservoir. Where do you go? okay so I will just start with the battery then. what is the switch for the battery if someone would not mind explaining?

The manual battery switch allows you to start the boat via the starting battery (#1) and then switch over to the stereo battery (#2) or combine them (#1 & #2) in an emergency. The manual switch is cheaper but the cons are you must remember to switch it or the purpose is defeated. If you forget to switch the batteries will not charge.

An automatic charging relay (ACR) switches between batteries for use and charging as the situation changes (does it for you) and still allows you to manually combine for an emergency.
    2007 Mobius LSV

You're gonna have tower and sub the best money spent will be in a Wetsounds WS420 EQ so you can tune and/or control the volume in each zone. Plus PA feature is fun. I would also suggest an HSE Revolution if you plan on listening to music an board because it automatically reduces volume when you back off the throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    You're gonna have tower and sub the best money spent will be in a Wetsounds WS420 EQ so you can tune and/or control the volume in each zone. Plus PA feature is fun. I would also suggest an HSE Revolution if you plan on listening to music an board because it automatically reduces volume when you back off the throttle.
    is there a setting stop on there so the volume always comes back to where you set it or how exactly does it work.
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    is there a setting stop on there so the volume always comes back to where you set it or how exactly does it work.
    Yep, you set the volume at idle then at boarding and it will return.