Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    IM glad my prop came off my boat so easily.

Now where is my prop sukka LOL. Claudia ask me what good is Fierah with no prop. I said about as good as Big Blue with no Tires. LOL
    Yeah, I don't know what the deal was getting it off my boat. I didn't have any problems with the others and you saw how easily it popped off your boat. Just glad I got it off and your prop is none the worse for it. I will put some lithium grease on it before I put it back on your boat. I am probably going to take my boat down to Exile today to have Brian tune my system so I will put your prop back on. So tell Claudia not to worry
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Great work Al, i like the stats on the acme 13.5 looks like a winner, i have the oj 466 right now and looking for something to give 1 or 2 more mph.

thanks for your time.....will be interesting how Ed's test compares.....

oh , what is your max wot rpm and what do you figure you could have done mph with the 13.5 prop?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Great work Al, i like the stats on the acme 13.5 looks like a winner, i have the oj 466 right now and looking for something to give 1 or 2 more mph.

thanks for your time.....will be interesting how Ed's test compares.....

oh , what is your max wot rpm and what do you figure you could have done mph with the 13.5 prop?
    Thanks doc. Yeah, the acme is the ticket - lots more holeshot than stock with no loss in top end. I don't know how that can be. I guess it must be in the design of the blades? They are a bit thinner than the OJ's blades and are shaped a little differently.

I called my dealer before going out and he said max rpm for my engine is 5000 and that the rev limiter will kick in at 5200. So I stopped at 5000. Not sure how far the acme would have gone but it got to 5000 and 40 mph real quick. I am pretty sure it would have done 5200 no problem.

BTW, you will notice that I had the wakeplate 3/4 of the way down on the top speed run. This was the least amount of plate I could use and keep the bow from porpoising with the stock prop. So to be fair, I used the same wakeplate setting on the other two prop's top speed runs.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

should be interesting how the 537 and the 1161 compare
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    One thing I want to strongly emphazise for the readers out there is this prop clearance issue.

Al, no offense, but your photo does not show the proper clearance between the prop and trailer and we surely don't want anyone doing it the wrong way.

One needs to measure the thickness of the bar running horizontally (port to starboard) under the rudder. The one that is welded on top of the vertical bar (forward to aft) that runs under the prop (as shown in photo).

One needs to find something the same thickness of that horizontal bar (3/8" thick piece of wood molding, in my case) and then place that inbetween the prop and that vertically running bar. Rotate the the prop until one of the blades is at it's closest point to the "shim". This usually ends up having one of the prop blade back edges being a few degrees off of a vertical position.

This will show the actual clearance between prop and trailer.

Unfortunately, Our test speeds don't match (yours is 1 mph faster), but since I've already started my testing and want to keep all tests identical, that's just the way it is going to be for the OBV. I don't think 1 mph is a big deal

Next week we can run the tests on the LSV and the XLV at the same speed as you did.
    Ed,

No offense taken. The pic is more to show how the wood block is used and in general, that there is plenty of prop clearance. I did not measure it. I figured that the wakeboard prop is in use on lots of LSV's so there must not be a clearance issue. I see your other post on this and now understand and agree with what you are saying as the correct way to measure minimum prop clearance.

One thing to remember though is that the rear of your boat will always be floating several inches above the rear of the trailer as you drive it on so you will always have more clearance than the 1/4" you measured.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al, isnt your boat bigger,heavier than Ed's?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what the deal was getting it off my boat. I didn't have any problems with the others and you saw how easily it popped off your boat. Just glad I got it off and your prop is none the worse for it. I will put some lithium grease on it before I put it back on your boat. I am probably going to take my boat down to Exile today to have Brian tune my system so I will put your prop back on. So tell Claudia not to worry
    Np Al and i wasn't even worried when i read you had to use a hammer to remove my prop from your boat. I trust you man, if not i wouldn't have let you take my only prop lol.

Glad you got the testing done and got what you wanted out of it. I like the idea of the 537 going faster on top end but then again even now i rarely go over 25 in my boat when cruising back to the dock at the end of the day.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Al, isnt your boat bigger,heavier than Ed's?
    Bigger yes and but only slightly heavier but we have different hulls.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Well I am glad that the acme did the best because that is the prop that I have.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    Well I am glad that the acme did the best because that is the prop that I have.
    This explained a lot because when i was on your boat it felt like it pulled really well out of the hole, and god knows Zack likes to punch that throttle LOL. I was amazed your boat went to 40 so easily being so big, your prop explains it now lol.

I can say if Zach hit my throttle like he does when he pulls you up i bet the handle would get jerked out of your hand lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]