Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1998 Moomba Mobius

I am thinking about buying a boat but I am concerned about the wake size. The group of people that will be getting pulled by this are not pro's by any stretch but we want to be able to get enough air to do some tricks. If you have ever been pulled by a 98' mobius please let me know how the wake was.

You can take the rear seat out and put a huge sac back there. It will be all your crew can handle.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have friends behind mine that jumps wakes and all and they like it. I have no ballest as I just water ski. You could put a sac where the back seat but I wouldn't put anything forward of the engine as the bow barely stays out of the water as it is.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Thanks, I bought the boat yesterday. Anybody know how fast those will run, it has a carbed 350 in it.

depending on prop, probably somewhere between 40-45..not fast boats as they have towing props!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

That is just fine with me. Thanks again.

The 98 tends to have a windshield problem where the frame gets out of adjustment and people have differents fixes. I recommend keeping the walk thru closed during rough boating and when trailering. Other than that, no other issues. Check the condition of the impeller and change fluids (oil & tranny) if you don't have the date to which those were changed. Have fun.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I took the boat out last the other night even though I didn't have any numbers on it yet... by far the most fun I have ever had driving a boat. I have never been in a boat that set you back in the seat on takeoff. Everything worked great and the boat was amazingly quiet. After I stroked around for awhile I topped it out at around 45mph. The motor held a temp around 160 also. I am officially in summer mode now.

zabooda- the windshield has about a 1/2" gap... the twist clamps are almost worthless.

Glad you're enjoying it already. Gonna be a great season.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'm looking into a 1998 moomba Mobius with 425 hours for 10,000. As others have stated, some weight in the rear would make for a decent wake but some have cautioned how low the boat sits in the water as it is. Any suggestions on what amount of weight this boat would be able handle in the rear to produce a good wake? Does anyone have experience or pictures?