Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel tax refund

Default Fuel tax refund

Any other states doing this besides Texas? I'm not talking about federal tax deduction on fuel for using your boat as a "business expense" <wink wink>. In Texas you can submit Form 06-106 from the Texas Comptroller and get 20 cents back on every gallon of gas you put in your boat provided you have receipts (some say they didn't even submit receipts but the form clearly states you must have them).

Well that would be nice but i live in Oregon and they like to take my money.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

In California? Yeah right.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I wonder if I can do it even though I work for the government......talk always tends toward work convo's! haha
    Old Boat: 07 Moomba Outback

New Boat: Malibu vRide........and surf boards!!!

Washington has it. I was going to use the provision but their was a lot of book keeping and that was when gas was $1.30 a gallon. Now, it may be worth it. You end up getting the gas tax back but you then pay the sales tax.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default 2nd Home Deduction

Some might laugh at the Grillobius, but since we have the grill, porta potty(yes we carry one on board) and we have room to sleep our accountant says this meets the definition of a second home. There are a few other items but I don't want to give you guys to much ammo to tell me to buy a pontoon boat

By the way we went one trip without the porta potty and when my six year old was floating by the swim platform with a funny smile and we saw the corn torpedo it kinda spoiled the mood to jump in. That I why I carry the porta potty and get stuck cleaning the thing out. Of course the whole family uses it but me (6'4", 300 pounds doesn't work on a "porta").

I was wondering why you had that DirecTV dish on there. Makes sense now.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Kane, the dish has many uses. 1. TV reception 2. Wok for the grill 3. Wash basin 4. umbrella for those rainy Oregon days.

Virginia does. Save save your receipts, get the form from the Game & Inland Fish website, send them in and they refund the road tax. I usually get around $100.

robertj, I'd be intrigued to see how an accountant writes off a skiboat. mine told me that my supra, even with a potti and bbq would not pass the irs common sense test and not to take the chance.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten