Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good for you. Anyway to save money. I like what you did.

Kane-

How are your cabins wired to the Infinity amp? All six cabin speakers to the four channels?

I think I may have a big problem here, before I get into it, I wanted to know how your speakers are wired?

Thanks,

Chad

Responded to your PM this morning. I just swapped out the 4 channel amp for the 5 channel. I think the 2 bow speakers are on the front and the 4 rear speakers are on the rear. If you got a bad amp I'm sure they will replace it-- it does happen sometimes even with non-refurb items.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I was looking for a Sub that sounds good and would fill in where the tower speakers drop off for in the boat when towing someone and this Sub does a good job. Thank you for posting this. I mean how could i pass up on a good deal like this and if it did not work I could see it to a high school student for the same price i got it for.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Right on! Low risk endeavor.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I picked up a Pioneer sub and sealed box from a guy who needed some cash. I was going to glass it in and replace my tube subwoofer. But, the box just didn't fit above the hump. Nothing would make it work. I decided to try swapping the Pioneer subwoofer with the cheapo one in the tube. While I had the tube out I also upgraded the interior wiring in it and resoldered the connections. I took a good look at the tube itself and it was all still in great shape. Holy crap does it sound different now! It is so much better it's amazing. So the old sub goes in the sealed box and into the daughter's car. I'm keeping the tube enclosure above the hump with the "new" Pioneer sub. I need to reset the x-over and gains, etc. but I'm really liking it.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

It's all about what makes you happy and satisfied when it comes to music. And if you are, then thats all that matters.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

You know, there's more than one way to skin a cat. But, when you get done, all you still have is a skinned cat. What do you do with that?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hang it on the fence to keep the others away?

Wait.....that's coyotes. Guess you could try a cat....lol

I like these kind of installs!! The ebay link is dead now, could you provide me with the info on what the sub enclosure is? That looks perfect to what I want to do! I already have an amp, just need a small sub. That looks perfect!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In