Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon MiniJam

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Mike, You crack me up. I do not know what is up with these Portland peeps and rivers. Guess the only good part of a river is if you head up stream in the morning then if you break down you will end up back at the boat ramp. I also thought the Columbia gets really windy during the day?
    Idk i think its the fact we have so much river water here vs lake water.

Yes the Columbia can get really windy, i have been told by a lot of people don't even take a wake boat to the Columbia unless you have a really good anchor and some serious skills as the water current can make it a real pain to dive.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Has a date been picked yet? If not, I'd like to propose July 10th & 11th.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I grew up on a river. I think lakes are kind of confining. I like the chain of lakes thing though where there is somewhere else to go -- and the huge lakes with fingers where you can hide.

I try to plan vacation for the weekend after the 4th every year. Every idiot has to be out on the 4th. They are either hospitalized or in jail right after that so you have an idiot free lake the following weekend. Enjoy!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Has a date been picked yet? If not, I'd like to propose July 10th & 11th.
    No good for me. I can do 3rd weekend in July or 3rd weekend in August.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Default Now Comes the Dreaded Pick the Date

Jester, I can't make it during the days Al suggested, July 10 & 11 we wil be at Foster Lake for a four day weekend. Just pick a date and we will see if we can make it work out if not there is always next year.

P.S. what about throwing out the invite to the AWS guys to just come and hang out with us. They might like a chance to go to an event like this if the could just be part of the crowd and not be "on duty".

The 10th and 11th also do not work for me since i will also be on Foster but doing Coast guard Aux stuff. I like the 3rd weekend in July. The is the 17th and 18th.

Robert, I was going to let the group at AWS know once we have a date. I know they check the boards often so I would believe they know about our evil plans.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Jester the 3rd weekend of July sounds great. I will have to look you up on the 10th and 11th at Foster. We go up there on July 8th for four days with our Sunday School Class. We get a group of about 120 people and we are only one of about 4 boats in the group so lots of shuttling people around.

7-17 and 7-18 work for us also. Make the final call on these dates and ill put in for the time off. I can be there first thing Saturday morning.

If we are camping are you going to make the reservations? If so count me in ill pay whom ever i need for our site if you can reserve it. Let me know any pertainent details.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I can make the 17th & 18th.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Hey guys, I know it's going to be tuff to hammer out a date so, I think you have to go with whatever works for the majority. Well, guess what? July 17 I will be at Lake Billy for my annual R&R, but if this date works for the rest of the crew I will catch up with you guys in the near future. Or better yet bring the party to Lake Billy.