Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon MiniJam

Default Oregon MiniJam

So summer is just around if this dang cold weather would go away and well I wanted to see if people out there would like to do a MiniJam in Oregon. I do not see one on Active's calendar so I wanted to put it out there and ideas on where to have it and dates. I have listed a few places just to see your thoughts.

Detroit lake about 2 hours from Portland
    Foster Reservoir about 2 ish hours from Portland
    Fall Creek about 3 hours from Portland
    Cougar Reservoir about 3 hours from Portland. (No dock but that limits the people on the water.)
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Ill do what ever location you like. I prefer Fall Creek as its the best one i have been to so fare. Lots of legs to hide away in and be out of the afternoon wind.

I spoke to Gerry O at AWS and he said May 22 is Demo days.

He also said he should have a date for the June Reuinon tour this week sometime.

Ill check with him next week Monday
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Never been to Fall Creek, but I have heard that Foster is amazing and it doesn't get very busy.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Honestly Foster isn't that great, 20 more minutes north and you can be at Green Peter, the water is always warm and there are lots of fingers to get away from crowds however, keep in mind this lake is more primitive. Detroit is centrally located so people from around the state dont have to drive as far. There are also two marinas and plenty of overnight accommadations. That being said, as long as there is water I will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by KT Mobius View Post
    Honestly Foster isn't that great, 20 more minutes north and you can be at Green Peter, the water is always warm and there are lots of fingers to get away from crowds however, keep in mind this lake is more primitive. Detroit is centrally located so people from around the state dont have to drive as far. There are also two marinas and plenty of overnight accommadations. That being said, as long as there is water I will be there.
    Oh wait thats right. Thats what I was thinking of Green Peter not Foster. Do it at Green Peter!
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Default Lake Billy Chinook

We love Detroit and it is where we go most of the time but it can get blown out and busy. Green Peter would be a blast. What about Lake Billy Chinook?

We could get AWS (or we could chip in ourselves) to rent the party barge from the Cove's marina and we could use that as our base. I know it is a long drive but KT did it last year and spent the night at local Hotel and he said it was a blast. We go over every year for a 4-6 day stint and we stay in the Cabins. We are going again this year.

Anyway pick a place and people will show up

Quote Originally Posted by RobertJ View Post
    We love Detroit and it is where we go most of the time but it can get blown out and busy. Green Peter would be a blast. What about Lake Billy Chinook?

We could get AWS (or we could chip in ourselves) to rent the party barge from the Cove's marina and we could use that as our base. I know it is a long drive but KT did it last year and spent the night at local Hotel and he said it was a blast. We go over every year for a 4-6 day stint and we stay in the Cabins. We are going again this year.

Robert,

We have two of the cabins rented at Billy for 4 nights over Memorial Day weekend. Can't wait.

I also have been meaning to get out to Green Peter so that would be my first choice. But I haven't been to any of the places jester mentioned so I'd be up for seeing a new lake and of course meeting up with fellow Moomba owners.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Robert,

We have two of the cabins rented at Billy for 4 nights over Memorial Day weekend. Can't wait.

I also have been meaning to get out to Green Peter so that would be my first choice. But I haven't been to any of the places jester mentioned so I'd be up for seeing a new lake and of course meeting up with fellow Moomba owners.
    That's funny! I have 2 cabins at Billy rented for for sept. 6th-9th. Are you guys leaving Billy on the 5th or 6th) I might have to come down early on the 6th and hangout with you for a bit Lol!
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

I have not been to Green Peter before. I know some people that are at Green Peter a lot over the summer and i will ask them how the lake is. Detroit is big and lots of places to camp but at about 10 AM the wind starts to pickup and the middle of the lake becomes useless until about 5PM. You might be able to find a place to wakeboard in the airms if they are not full.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by RobertJ View Post

I boated on Lake Billy Chinook 2 summers ago with the Old Supra DD. It was a good time. Spent a long weekend with friends and others at their cabin (if that's what you call it)? Really just camper trailers set up on land that they have Wish it was closer

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet