Thread: rope length

Default rope length

I have a mobius XLV and I use a 75' rope and clear the wake pretty easily, but if i would move it up about 5 or 10 feet, would the wake get bigger so i could get more air or would it maybe get smaller? I was thinking though if i clear the wake easy enough at 75' would it even be smart to move it up any more? whats your opinion?

Default Replying to Topic 'rope length'

Most of my friends ride at 65 feet, some at 60. The wake should get a little bigger. You could work on your pop so you can get bigger air rather than distance. Don't worry about everyone else though if you go to a wakeboard tournment every rider rides a different speed and different rope length. They are looking for what is comfortable for them. Have fun!

I agree, ride at what lenth works best for you and your boat set-up. The amount of ballast and the speed at which you ride has a lot to do with it. You see some people riding short lengths 50-55ft going 18mph and some pros like Randy Harris riding near 85-90 feet at 28 mph with enough ballast to sink the boat. With the normal factory ballast I'd say most people would ride anywhere between 60-75 ft adn 19-22 mph

alright, thanks. Last time i went out to the lake i tried it out and i liked riding at 75' foot better, maybe it was because i was used to it, but thats what i liked better.