I keep seeing this in pictures and when driving and it really worries me people are not understanding this.

There is a reason we have Camber, Caster, and Leveling to trailers.

Single axle trailer are not as prone to this but still need to be level.

Duel axle trailer absolutely need to be level.

Single axle trailer when sloped down on the front, or raised to high on the front cause very serious problems to the trailers and the people traveling next to them.

Up tongue means, trailer is ridding with more weight in the rear, this causes fishtails, more weight on the rear half of the springs and is a very high risk of coming off the hitch ball. It also stresses the hitch ball and can cause it to break off.

To low on the tongue causes more Stress on the hitch ball, adds more weight then recommended on your trailer hitch, and causes the rear axle of the trailer to be stressed on the front half of the springs.

Duel axle trailers are designed this way to evenly carry the load on the boat in our case.

Leaning to fare forward or backwards adds tremendous stress to the leading or trailer axle depending on what direction the trailer is tilted. This also causes the trailer to drift easier when hitting bumps.

The correct way to tow your boat or any trailer is completely level or 1 inch forward for a single axle trailer.

Take a level and sit it on the frame rail of your trailer when your hooked to the truck, if its not level get the proper tow receiver or get a leveling kit for the truck.

You cause great stresses on a tow vehicle when the trailer isn't level. Added weight on the hitch, hitch ball, rear suspension, and braking system of the tow vehicle. The bigger your boat the more stresses caused.

Please take a few minutes next time you load you boat, step back look at your rig, if its sagging in the rear, and or the boat isn't level, fix it. Tow safely this summer and make it safe for those around you.

Sorry i had to write this up after already seeing tons of boats traveling around with really improper leveling setups.