Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First time out

Default First time out

Finally got all the wax on the hull, the new oil in the motor and an inspection of the impeller completed (left it in as I am not in the business of making someone else rich). We had 8 people in the boat and we surfed first, kneeboarded second, wakeboarded third then drained the tanks and went down the slalom course!
    We love our stock Mobius LS!!!

PS NO AND NO I didn't get in the water today, it is not June yet!

Did you say "kneeboard"?!?!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Yeah the only thing that is NOT allowed on our boat is a TUBE!!!!
    Nope no tubes allowed! But all three types of boards are there in force!

Why no Tube? Gotta be a good reason

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Well mostly because they take up too much room. And I guess as some people on these boards know I can have an attitude. So I use this attitude with people who run down and all around the slalom course with their tubes while we are trying to ski down it. And I wonder if this means that if you have a tube does this mean your intelligence level is pretty low??? I mean why would these people do that? Don't they see what we are trying to do? Don't they see what they are doing to our efferts. I guess you know that answers- yes, stupid, no, don't care. So now if I get a tube for the kids does this mean I think my own intelligence level is also pretty low! See I mean there is NO way I could have a tube!

PS When we go to GA and use the grandparents house there are sometimes tubes lying around and since I am 300 miles from my lake I will take the kids tubing. Sometimes!!! Just don't tell anyone!

Glad you got out and had a good time Z.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

My first "wakeboarding" experience was on a kneeboard. We got bored with the spins and rolls and riding on our knees (or even indian style) so we started standing on the thing. Not much carving control, but still a good little challenge, especially starting from the kneeling position then standing up.

Anyhow, props to you for getting out there on the water!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Thanks Guys!
    Th LS is sitting in the lift right now and we just might go out again later today. You know after I get all the grass cut.

Smile

Seriously - June - in Fla? Our ice went out 2.5 weeks ago and I am getting the boat ready to go in the water right now. If all goes well it will be on the lift today. Possibly get a run in - but more likely next weekend. - Really -- June in Fla... At leas you have good rules regarding tubes ....
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Yeah I have a pretty hard fast rule about being in bath water before I ski. Yesterday there were 3 adults and 7 kids on board. We took a family with us for the first time and at least I found out that the other mother had my exact rule so I don't feel so alone.