Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Backroll landing

Having trouble landing on the downside of wake. I'm landing in flats and landings are hard. If I let up I can get rotation. Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LSV04 View Post
    Having trouble landing on the downside of wake. I'm landing in flats and landings are hard. If I let up I can get rotation. Any help appreciated.
    start your cut a little closer to the wake.. you'll get the same pop but shouldn't get booted into the flats as far
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

congrats on getting them! i am having trouble getting the guts to attempt one!

^^^ I am with you on that one. I cant seem to grow the "berries" to actually try a tantrum or a backroll. I almost have a w2w 360 down but that is as far as I have gotten. My goal this year is to land a tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    congrats on getting them! i am having trouble getting the guts to attempt one!
    Drink a beer, throw on a helmet and just go try one. This was one of the easiest inverts to learn and the crashes really were not that bad. Much easier to learn than Tantrums and Raleys. Most of the crashes involve your jewels and the top of the wake. I did not do any face plants, just a lot of skipping out.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Thanks guys.That's how I fell yesterday,landed in flats and board skid out. Hey Jesse, how do you stop skipping out?
    And guys, I was biggest chicken, just go for it, I tried first few at 16-18 mph.just so you get feel.
    And catching an edge on a 3 is worse than backroll crashes.

Thanks Jeff, I'll shorten it up.

Quote Originally Posted by LSV04 View Post
    Hey Jesse, how do you stop skipping out?
    Like they said above shorten your approach and land closer to the wake. I have found that the trick to landing backrolls out in the flats is to spot the landing early. Are you able to spot your landing or are you just landing blind (eyes closed)? When I was landing that way I had a tendancy to keep the board flat and would just kind of skip and then end up on my arse. If you can spot the landing early and set your edge then landing in the flats is not an issue. More than likely you are just landing flat and skipping instead of landing on edge and riding away. This took me a while to get passed.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Definitely adrenaline blindness. After you leave wake are you looking for landing or it just happens. I guess I'm asking how you see it , its so fast.

How do you generate enough pop to initiate the backroll? I know if you have a good size wake it almost looks like the rider is just riding up the wake and the wake initiates the rotation. However, I have seen people on much smaller wakes throw backrolls. What gives?