Default Heater Install Question

I'm justing getting started with the heater install and I've run into a snag already. I have removed the square head plug on the port side of the recirc pump and am trying to put a threaded fitting in there to connect the hose to. The problem is that there isn't enough room for the hex fitting to allow the fitting to bottom out. The hex nut in the middle of the fitting hits the engine block after a few turns so I can't tighten it any further. Anyone run into this and if so what is the solution?

Chris, I know u went thru thus so I look forward to ur response.

Thx.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I didn't have that problem, Al. I'm a plumber by trade and I'm sure I would've remembered that. I used teflon tape and pipe dope on all threaded joints and all my fittings made up and sealed just fine.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Thanks for the reply Chris. I just looked at mandley's boat which has a heater installed from the factory. On his recirc pump, the hole where the fitting goes is not as recessed as it is on mine so there is enough room there to screw a fitting in. Mine must be a different water pump.

I'm going to a plumbing supply store after work today to see if they might have something that will work.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

OK, and I know this doesn't need to be said but... keep us informed!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Chris, I'm back on track. It was the elbow that I had attached to the straight fitting that was hitting the block. I am going with hard fittings from the block to the shut off valve so I am trying to find the right combination of fittings to make it all work. I will post up pics once I get a little further along.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

anyone have the part # for the 07 outback impellar

sorry wrong thread