Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Nice man. Finally pushing that sub. Still running it with the 1500 or did Brian get you to upgrade to the 2500 yet?

I was starting to think that your boat was just going to become a permanate fixture in Exile's warehouse. Just a great place for Brain, Bill and Sean to go take a break in, have a bite to eat and listen to some good music. But glad that you are going to be taking her home and letting her see some day light. Just need to get my boat up there now and figure out what it is missing.
    Nate

HAHAHA yea well i was starting to think the same thing. We talked about running the 2500.1 but its really just not needed. That 1500.1 was pushing 3600 watts when testing it. Clean watts also.

The Exile line of amps is rated in RMS not Max Output. When running my sub normally with the music i was playing it was running at 1800 to 2000 all day with no issues.

Step up to a 15 or the 18 and you need that 2500.1 amp for sure.

Just remember before you pull your boat into Exile have your wallet ready, LOL they will tell you straight out what sucks in your boat. I started with 1 set of XM7s. Then it was 2 sets. Then it was a new sub. New cabins. Went to Exile and it was New Deck, New Amps, New Sub again. All new wiring. Now im at the need new Cabins again. Upgraded my batteries. Still could use a AGM or something like that. In time LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Very cool - so what is this magic material, and where can I buy it?
    Ian Brian and Mike can answer this better but it's some kind of super strong plastic composite type material. The cool part is no worries about leaks or strength or degradation and it's made for the LSV so it fits like a glove.

Contact Exile for purchase.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Ian - The material is not magic. The substrate medium is called, "Tresspa". I believe its a division of 3M. It was suggested to our design team from an architect / structural engineer because it is becoming the rave in commercial building designs. It's more expensive than anything else we looked at, but the material properties are amazingly strong, rigid and still workable on a computer controlled mill. Not to mention that its 100% composite and wont rot or degrade over time. Oh ya, it has UV inhibitors as well.

It is perfect for the marine application.

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Is it heavy?
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Is it heavy?
    It is extremely light. So much so that I thought it was made out of balsa wood the first time I picked it up.

Brian at Exile was nice enough to cut me a good deal on the prototype. It's exactly the same as the final production piece except it's made out of thinner material. It's perfectly fine for what I want to do but Brian felt that they needed to go with thicker material so that there is no question about it's robustness when using super woofers being driven by tons of power. I am going to put an Exile sub in it (their base model) and drive it with 420 watts rms so it's plenty robust for that application.

Can't wait to get it installed! I will post come pics and my impression of the sound once I do. I did test fit it last night and at first, I could not figure out how to get it under the dash - it would not fit! I thought that it was because of the differences in the dash between Mike's 08 and my 06. But once I figured it out, it goes in pretty easily. But the thing is huge! I takes up all the space down there but still leaves ample room for your feet as well as full use of the cupholders.

Thanks again Brian for the hook up!

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cab - We actually shot a quick install video so people could see how it works. Because without that it could be a bit frustrating. Video should be up later today. It will only go in 1 way. then should fit like a glove.

Cheers!

-Brian @Exile

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    HAHAHA yea well i was starting to think the same thing. We talked about running the 2500.1 but its really just not needed. That 1500.1 was pushing 3600 watts when testing it. Clean watts also.

The Exile line of amps is rated in RMS not Max Output. When running my sub normally with the music i was playing it was running at 1800 to 2000 all day with no issues.

Step up to a 15 or the 18 and you need that 2500.1 amp for sure.

Just remember before you pull your boat into Exile have your wallet ready, LOL they will tell you straight out what sucks in your boat. I started with 1 set of XM7s. Then it was 2 sets. Then it was a new sub. New cabins. Went to Exile and it was New Deck, New Amps, New Sub again. All new wiring. Now im at the need new Cabins again. Upgraded my batteries. Still could use a AGM or something like that. In time LOL.
    I know exactly what you are saying. Pull your wallet out, and get ready......But I bet it is all worth it.

Congrats on your install......mine should be done soon
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

3600 Watts...DANG!!! No wonder you had a headache after.

Don't need to open your wallet, just bring the armored truck with the sacks of cash. So many ideas of what I want to do in the boat and truck.
    Nate

Did that install video get posted yet? Anyone? Bueller?
    2007 Mobius LSV