Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New LSV Sub completed.

Spent some time at Exile today and they have what appears to be the final version of the LSV box completed and in the boat. Its a much beefier box then the version shown at the Tech and Tune. This box hits a lot harder then the other version.

You can actually hear the bass at wake board distances.

insane.

Pic 1 is box only in place.

Pic 2 is the facial panel with the Heater vent installed.

Spec
    100% Composite enclosure
    1.9 cu foot
    Ported
    Tuned @ 38 Hz
    Vinyl wrapped fascia panel with plumbed for heater.
    Big12 - 1500W
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Very nice. Love the clean look of the grill.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

You got any feet room left under there?? LOL
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Looks great!
    2013 Outback V

looks really nice and clean. just a shame to loose so much space
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I saw and heard this sub enclosure today and it sounds amazing. And the quality of the fabrication is outstanding. Also, the pics are misleading - there is still plenty of room for your feet. You can see that the front panel just comes up to the 1st cupholder.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I bet "plenty of room" does not include size 14's. Too bad because I sure would like to do that mod.

Yes there is foot room left. No not much room for a 14 LOL. But Robert my friend Steve is 6.5 and wears 13s and he can sit in the seat and drive with that box in there. Yes its a little tight but even he said its not to bad. It looks tighter then it is.

Also one of the biggest concerns i had was losing foot space so i had a hard requirement that it not pass the cup holders. I want to be able to use those cup holders, and also it still gives it a factory feel. If i only had 1/2 a cup holder or 1 cup holder then it would look weird LOL.

We also shot some video of how to install the box and panel.
    Last edited by mmandley; 04-13-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Looks great and i'm sure it sounds it too! I'm still trying to picture a 5ft tall guy with size 13 feet

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Default To the next level!

Gents -

A few things to keep in mind about this project. When Mike asked Exile to design an enclosure for him that would compete with the elite custom enclosure shops, he did so with the mind set that he wanted something he could install himself and wouldn't take up any more space than a existing sealed 10" woofer. The end result is a bass reflex design that houses 1 of three different Exile woofers and is built like no other enclosure on the planet. Sometimes people don't understand what is involved to take things to the level Mike wanted to get to. This collaboration included audio engineers, enclosure design guru's and even two different structural engineers from a completely different industry. Here's some highlights:

Construction: All connecting points are lapped dato'd. This is not so easy to do as the enclosure design morphs into an multi angled shape to fit over the hump / kick panel and seat notch outs. All material is cut on a CNC computer controlled milling device that offers an exactly perfect interlocking cuts/ fit. Even the internal bracing allows for a perfect cradle for the big12 1500W woofer. (The woofers weighs in at ~36lbs)

Materials: 100% composite with multiple panels using varied wall thickness to target specific internal resonance fluctuation. Even the epoxy that bonds the materials together was tested upwards of 3600 continuous watts power handling. The material itself is a proprietary blend of composites and has a material composition that is stronger than anything we've seen. This box is ultra tuff!.

In short, this is an amazing box! The Moomba crowd can be proud to be the first to have a product like this. As word has spread about this, we've had owners from every major boat brand ask, "will you design a version for my boat?". In time, sure, but right now its and exclusive thing for the Moomba folks!

Cheers

-Brian
    Exile Audio