Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Polk db651 - where to buy?

Where can I get these speakers for the best price? I used a link from this board in an earlier thread, placed my order through Earmark for 3-pair/$150, but got an email from them this morning saying that they had removed those back on 3/31/10 and could purchase them at normal cost.

I was really looking forward to getting those installed, so where to now? Anyone know of a good, reliable source I could a good deal on these?

I think that most were getting them from either earmark or amazon.com. I know that I bought my 3 sets from amazon.
    good luck, as I think that they are getting real hard to find now. the "overstock" that seemed to have fueled the cheap price might be over...

great upgrade for the $$ I must say, and it's a virtual drop-in..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks - I went with a merchant on Amazon.com that had them for 59/pair. I see prices going into the 60s and 70s and low quantities and wanted to get them now.

I think the supply from unauthorized dealers has run out. Plus the low prices was during the off season. They were as low as $34.99 a pair but that didn't last. Then Earmark had a fairly long sale for $99 for 2 pair or $149 for 3 pair. They are a great speaker from price perspective and you'll find boat owners using them even in the Malibus and Mastercrafts

I bought 3 pair from 1 merchant on amazon and received 2 pair of the db651s and then 1 set of the db651. I wish I would have gotten all 3 the db651. Oh well merchant goofed up and I got one cool set

I bought mine from Crutchfield; it seems like they have a buy-1 get-1 type of sale every few months.
    2013 Outback V

http://csbelectronics.com/

best price I have seen lately, basically an eBay store. $54.99 shipped.
    We only fear what we don't understand...

00 Mobius V, PP, 2200lbs ballast, 3 amps, 12" sub, Alpine CD/MP3

I have an 02' Outback with the 6 speaker OEM Kenwood speakers still installed. Would you guys say this is a fairly dramatic increase in sound quality from these?

I have Fusion tower speakers that I'm contemplating installing and I'm thinking I might sell the towers and get 3 sets of the 651's instead. What kind of power would I need? I have a 4 channel 400w Kenwood amp that I'm planning on powering the towers with - I assume that would be sufficient for 3 sets of cabin speakers instead?

Thoughts? Opinions?
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

just do it. the sound difference is night and day. I replaced the 6 kenwood speakers in my '06(granted I also changed to a rockford punch 400.4 from the factory kenwood amp), but the difference in sound quality is night and day. the kenwood speakers are crap.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    just do it. the sound difference is night and day. I replaced the 6 kenwood speakers in my '06(granted I also changed to a rockford punch 400.4 from the factory kenwood amp), but the difference in sound quality is night and day. the kenwood speakers are crap.
    That is one thing I 100% agree with!

Maybe I'll install the towers now and get some Polks later in the year when the wife is "over" my initial spring spending extravaganza.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)