Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Its only happened once, but I popped the fuse for the blower and ignition once, and it took me a good 2 hours to figure out why my boat wouldn't start. Once it clicked that I probably popped a breaker I felt like a complete moron, haha.
    2013 Outback V

I got a nice thick couple of coats of fiberglass resign on the box last night; its really coming togather! Today at lunch I'm going to swing by Lowes and pick up some sort of paint for the bottom and backside. Hopefully I'll be able to get it painted tonight so I can wrap the vinyl tomorrow, get it in the boat Thursday, and on the water Friday?!

(It was still wet in all of these pictures)

Starting to set up, weird reflection on the top;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Almost forgot; I also have to trim the hole so the speaker sits level, and drill a hole on the side and plumb the wires through. I'll probably do that tonight before I paint, and touch-up the fiberglass where I trim/drill.
    2013 Outback V

Looking good, it almost looks like you varnished it hee hee
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I had a pretty productive Sunday, I must say. After watching the video and looking at the pics of the Exile installations, I really liked the seemless trim panel with 'flap', and I really wasn't happy with how my vinyl wrapped enclosure looked; this was mostly due to the 3/8" foam that I put under the vinyl, it just made the thing look really bulky. I also wasn't a fan of the "seam".

So, I made an 1/8" trim panel, with a 6" "flap" and covered it in vinyl. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery! All thats left on that side is for me to pop a hole in the panel for my heater vent, and extend the tube.

Before, as you can see it didn't look "factory":

After, much better!

2013 Outback V

Next up I decided to tackel the other sub and amp rack. I stripped all the carpet off the pre-fab Kicker enclosure and fiberglassed the box to make it more sturdy and less susceptable to water damage. I decided to just carpet this box, since its mostly hidden, and the carpet hides all of the flaws of my fiberglass work.

The finished product:

I also built a riser to get the box up off the floor. This picture also shows the start of my acrylic amp rack. Long story short, the amp will be mounted, with blue LED's behind illuminating the board. Something that will never be seen, but it took 15 minutes extra and ads a little flair. I ordered a bunch of TechFlex tubing to sheath all the wires, just waiting for it to arrive so I can finish the amp installation:

While I had everything torn apart I decided to freshen up the grills and trim piece for the subs. I used this stuff on a project around the house and had great results, so I picked up another can and went to work.

After I sprayed the grill, wet paint!
    2013 Outback V

That new facia panel is sick looking Ian nice work bro
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    That new facia panel is sick looking Ian nice work bro
    Thanks! I totally copied you!
    2013 Outback V

That really looks alot better with the single peice over the sub. Nice work?
    Did you buy the vinyl at a local shop?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

JoAnne Fabrics sells marine grade vinyl (all sorts of colors, this is the closest to the carpet - I didn't want to go as light as the seats) for like $10/yard.
    2013 Outback V