Default My I Ski whith a Mobius xlv?

Hola, Iīm choosing the model of Moomba to buy. I prefer the Mobius Xlv because of the Wake but we also like slalom and I donīt know if we are going to able to ski (slalom) because of the wave. Thanks very much

Default Replying to Topic 'May I Ski whith a Mobius xlv?'

The speed we use in Slalom is 35-36.
    We also donīt know if the perfectPass Wakeboard Pro is ok for Slalom, could you help me?

Default Replying to Topic 'My I Ski whith a Mobius xlv?'

If you use the rpm mode the wakeboard pro will keep the speed ok but you don't get all the features.

How large is the wake compared to a standard I/O family boats (Four Winns, Sea Ray etc) of simular length ? I am not sure if the skiiers posting are used to no wake vs a standard boat wake. I am a young father with three younger kids and want to get a long term boat. Not being a competition skiier, I have had fun skiing behind "traditional" boats. Feedback is appreciated.

Pablo,

In ref to:
    Hola, Iīm choosing the model of Moomba to buy. I prefer the Mobius Xlv because of the Wake but we also like slalom and I donīt know if we are going to able to ski (slalom) because of the wave. Thanks very much

My personal suggestion would be to buy an base model Outback or LS. I've noticed it works well for both wakeboarding and slalom. I don't have any ballast bags for my outback to enhance the wake, but if you load the boat down down with about 6 people, it does put out a substantial wake for beginner/intermediate wakeboarders at 22 mph. I guess it depends on what you really want to use it for. I use mine 90% for slalom. I wouldn't even consider slalom behind a Mobius XLV. But if I was an avid wakeboarder, I would still do it behind an Outback or LS, even though the wake isn't comparable to a Mobius. It's your call, just take a hard thought at want you "really" want to use it for.

Jim
    Have Fun, Ski Hard

I drove a Mobius LSV a couple of weeks ago and at 30 MPH, the wake is very flat, however I did not test it at speeds. When you teach a small kid to ski, you are not going to go 30 MPH, that would scare him/her to death. I know at 22 MPH, the LSV with no ballast was about like my last 18' I-O, which was not that bad for all around recreational skiing. I am going with the V-Drive for several reasons. One, I have 2 boys, one likes to slalom and wakeboard and the other primarily wakeboards. I did not find that the LS had enough leg room for people, but the LSV fit the bill with room, a nice slalom wake and loaded down, a great wakeboard wake.

I don't want to outgrow my boat or the family's needs this time.

Pablo, See if the dealer will let you drive several models and then choose. If you think your family may get into wakeboarding, consider the LSV. I have been told multiple times on this BB that the LS with ballast bags fillled is also an excellent boat for multi-sport boating and has excellent wakes for both skiing and boarding. You will have to look at the interior and decide if the LS will give you enough room. If so, you can save a couple of thousand over the LSV.

Good Luck.

Clark
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

1st - 1983 old brown boat - not sure the make
    2nd - 2001 Bayliner 185 4 cyl. Sold
    3rd - 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV. Sold