Default Battery Location???

I just got my boat out of storage and I was looking at the battery and it is sunk down into the floor a little. Is this normal and if it is when you move your batteries to the front of the locker how do you handle the sunken in place?

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin, that is normal, it is actually the stock battery box that is built into the floor. I just moved my batteries to the front locker location. All I did with the hole in the back is cut a piece of Marine Grade Plywood that fit perfectly in the hole and secured it with some short stainless steel screws. Let me know if you have any questions.
    We only fear what we don't understand...

00 Mobius V, PP, 2200lbs ballast, 3 amps, 12" sub, Alpine CD/MP3

Thanks I have looked at a lot of the pictures on here and have never seen it before. I will get some Plywood.

Yeah, most people cover it up on their first battery replacement. I know mine is not even big enough for a marine deep cycle battery. It was covered when I purchased the boat and the battery was just sitting on top of it. Make sure it is marine grade, the owner before me just used painted plywood and it came out in pieces! If you can't find any marine grade, get treated and throw a coat of stain on it so it won't rot out on you.
    We only fear what we don't understand...

00 Mobius V, PP, 2200lbs ballast, 3 amps, 12" sub, Alpine CD/MP3