Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stargazer

Angry Stargazer

I worked on the boat today to get it ready for the up coming warm weather. I went to start the engine and noticed that the display is not working on my Star Gazer. looked for a fuse and could not find one. What the heck. Now something else I have to fix. Has anyone ran into this problem in the past?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

This often happens if it's cold. So far, after a few minutes, it always comes back.

Laz
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

I keep my boat in the garage all the time. When I turn the key, all the other gauges work. My Stargazer display is dead. No LCD screen and no back light. I hope that I do not need to get another unit. I am going to give customer service a call on Monday. Very weird. I did absolutely nothing to the electrical over the winter months. I will post my results when I get off the phone with them Monday.
    Mark
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

Sled491 Guest

Seems like PP quirks aren't limited to regular "Wakeboard Pro" versions.
    Hope it's not anything major.

Thumbs down

Talked with the guys at PP this morning. I need to give them my seriel number off the Main Unit. The tech told me that I may need to buy another Main Unit. I can not believe this. I have only used it for two seasons, and the $1000.00 I spent went down the drain. He did tell me that I will get a good deal on a new one. Not very happy right now. I will find out tomorrow when I call with the seriel Number what type of a good deal I will get.

Sled491 Guest

What? How does every one get new modules for the Wake board Pro and you have to buy a new one? That doesn't sound right.

That's what I'm talking about. I will find out in the morning.

Well I just got off the phone with perfect pass this morning. I gave them the necessary information they needed and he came back to me with a cost. He told me that the main module was fried. He had asked if I have some sort of battery charger on the boat. I told him that I have a trickle charger. He said, there could have been a surge in the system and that what fried the module. I do remember turning the perko switch on, one day, to check the LED, stereo. I did not even think to unplug the charger. Well I guess a lesson learned.

Mark
    Last edited by tazz3069; 04-15-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Sled491 Guest

For a 125.00 not bad, and you an electritian

Hows the solar business going?

We're slow out here that's for sure. But then the Midwest is always 6 mnths behind the rest of the nation.

Nothing has happened yet with the Solar. Out Power Company out here need to get their head out of the A@!. They are telling us that there is no more rebates for 2010. As a matter of fact, the rebates for 2010 ended mid 2009. I have had my application in there for almost two years now and have heard nothing. Even being a contractor, I can not even get the rebate. They will accept applications for the rebate for 2011 at the end of this month. That means, if people want the rebate of $10,500.00 they need to wait until next year to purchase the system and receive their rebate. I am writing a letter to Obama in regards to the energy rebate here in Vegas. One of our representatives, which will remain nameless, is the biggest A$# ever. He has a partial control of the power company. So which means, more rebates out, less money in his pocket now. Our Governor is no big help either. He his too busy taking care of other personal issues (mistress) and not doing his job. I can hardly wait for the elections.