Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reese350 Guest

Default Roswell Mirror Inserts

I picked up a standard Moomba LSV tower mirror bracket but I need to put it on an Outback. I think it's a Roswell. Has anyone else done this? I'm thinking I just need to pick an insert up from Roswell to accomodate for the smaller tower diameter?

The LSV tower diameter is 2-3/8", the outback is 1-5/8" (if I remember correctly). Your local Roswell dealer should be able to get the correct size plastic insert for you.
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

And you may also need a longer anti-rotation set screw.
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

Quote Originally Posted by bjames View Post
    And you may also need a longer anti-rotation set screw.
    I second that. I got the inserts from Roswell for my 1 5/8 tower and now I need the set screws. Where do you get them? I found some at Fastenal here in town but they don't have the pointed end. Might have to grind them down and re-tap?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Reese350 Guest

Thanks guys.

Viking - The bracket hasn't arrived yet but now that I look at it, I'm not sure I can use it. How do you put your tower down with the mirror on? It looks like it will interfere with the bow?

Scott

Scott, I had that same tower mirror arm on my 03 lsv with the foward folding tower-there was no way I could fold it down and have the mirror arm on it-tried all kinds of angles. Finally bought a monster tower removable mirror arm-worked so good I kept it for the 08.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Reese350 Guest

Unhappy

Hmm, thanks Daze. I may have to go the monster route.

What do you other Outback owners use for a mirror setup?

Heads up LSV owners....I may have a brand new Roswell mirror arm for sale real soon (maybe before it arrives)!

Reese,
    I got the inserts for my tower Roswell cans. I was looking at picking up the same mirror arm as you and didn't think about tolding tower down. Thanks for the heads up?

I don't know if I"m going to need the set screws or not. We'll see if the speakers move alot when on the water??

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Reese350 Guest

Viking - Update...The arm showed up today and it came with the inserts so I didn't need to buy them (score!). This thing is awesome so I'm really hoping to make it work. I mounted it and I'm hoping I can just swing it out of the way when I need to put the tower down. It's pretty tight and will still swing out so I think it will.

Now to find a depth gauge, PP Stargazer, and bimini. The Amex is getting a workout!

Post up some pics of the upgrades when you get a chance!
    PS - where did you get your roswell mirror arm? And was it just the arm or the mirror too?
    Last edited by viking; 04-15-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: added info

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"