Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default How much ballast are you running?

Post up the boat model and how much ballast you are running.

'99 Outback DD
    440lb rear
    350lb rear
    350lb front

that is with only a driver in the boat. I have yet to get a good number of people in the boat to see what the wake looks like. I think we get a decent wake considering the boat.

for surfing:
    '06 supra launch20ssv
    400 in center
    440 sitting on top in the bow walkthru
    700 in rear locker
    440 on the seat
    if only 3-4 peeps, then another 440 on the floor, if 5 or more, then we omit the floor ballast.

I only have the factory 400 on the drivers side, but going to replace that next week and the goal this year is to learn to surf goofy as well as regular

wakeboarding, usually just the center ballast, as most of us are not very good yet, but I would suspect this year I'll have more weight in the arse end to jack it up a little.
    waiting on the prop test results, as when the boat is loaded down, the 13x17 has a hard time getting the boat up on plane with that much weight in it, even with the 340hp motor.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Wow, ^ You must have a nice surf wake. I'm glas you posted up what you do. We just played with the factory bag and the wake plate last weekend and were really impressed. Of course, we are coming from an 84 Malibu with no sacs and the ice chest on the wrong side!

I really want to get some 750's for the rear.

750 lbs in each rear locker
    400 center
    300 upfront.
    2008 LSV
    SUNSHINE DAYDREAMS!!
    2008 LSV
    Wetsounds 3-some on tower. Wetsounds in boat. Wetsounds XS12 Sub. Green LEDs interior.

Quote Originally Posted by madriding1 View Post
    750 lbs in each rear locker
    400 center
    300 upfront.
    2008 LSV
    Integrated bow sac or something else? Do you run that all full when wakeboarding? What prop are you using?

need a disclaimer on this post that you may have the same, better, or sink-your-boat results based on what you see, so following someone elses weightings is at your own risk

and yes dusty, it's an awesome surf wake. had one guy last summer tell me it's better than the centurion he had surfed behind, but I know that he was not behind an avy or enzo...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Integrated bow sac or something else? Do you run that all full when wakeboarding? What prop are you using?

Yes, Full when wakeboarding. Using the "high altitude" wakeboard prop. Using some lead pop bags and integrated bow sack. Prop is 14.25 X 14
    SUNSHINE DAYDREAMS!!
    2008 LSV
    Wetsounds 3-some on tower. Wetsounds in boat. Wetsounds XS12 Sub. Green LEDs interior.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    need a disclaimer on this post that you may have the same, better, or sink-your-boat results based on what you see, so following someone elses weightings is at your own risk

and yes dusty, it's an awesome surf wake. had one guy last summer tell me it's better than the centurion he had surfed behind, but I know that he was not behind an avy or enzo...
    I sent you a pm as not to clog up this thread with my questions

07 LSV
    750's in each locker
    400 center bag( probably only fills to 3-350 realistically though )
    #1100 triangle sac in bow( approx 900 lbs)
    2 pop bags (80 lbs) to move side to side to even out the boat.

oj 14x14.25 prop

But I will run empty and slow on a short line sometimes to try and learn new tricks. More weight more speed harder crashes...LOL

02 DD Outback

750 rear
    350 mid
    450 front (walkway + bow)

Sometimes we'll run twin 400's by the motor box if we've got a group of hardcore riders (not very often)..
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)