Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    pics of your wake? seems like you would benefit greatly from having another sack in the walkway. this hull looks 60/40 front/rear.
    I am by no means a pro but i have put weight in the bow and it seems to actually flatten out the wake and just dunks the bow when picking people up.

With my current setup the boat rides very very flat compared to other boats for some reason. I can't figure it out either. The wake is best with driver and passenger and three people across the back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceball 1 View Post
    I am by no means a pro but i have put weight in the bow and it seems to actually flatten out the wake and just dunks the bow when picking people up.

With my current setup the boat rides very very flat compared to other boats for some reason. I can't figure it out either. The wake is best with driver and passenger and three people across the back seat.
    Super weird. My boat loves weight up front.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Here are a couple pics of us riding from yesterday. We only had about 600 lbs in the boat and the wake was still nice.

I had a guy with me who had never rode before so we didn't load up the boat. We had a 350 filled about 90% of the way in the back and a 350 in the front ski locker at 90%.

I usually run a 750 in the back and (2) 350's up in the front half of the boat and the wake is significantly bigger but I was actually surprised how nice the wake was for such little weight.

The difference from 600 or 650lbs to 1400 is huge but I was still happy with the wake. There was only 3 of us out. Tower + gear etc.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

One thing ppl might not realize is that with more weight you need to ride faster, So sometimes running less weight and going slower will still give you a meaty wake. You usually have to run a shorter rope with less weight though.

But I still slam out my LSV

And now you guy's got me thinking about getting the 1100 lb sacs for the back....Does it ever end ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    One thing ppl might not realize is that with more weight you need to ride faster, So sometimes running less weight and going slower will still give you a meaty wake. You usually have to run a shorter rope with less weight though.

But I still slam out my LSV

And now you guy's got me thinking about getting the 1100 lb sacs for the back....Does it ever end ?
    Yep. I've gotta speed up from 22 to 24 when I get over 1500 lbs or my wake gets washed out.

And no, it doesn't even end. My BFF has an 06' X-Star and he now has 5200 lbs of ballast in it..

This is true. We used to ride at 21 and with an extra 400lbs in the boat we have to bump it up to 23-24. Makes the falls much for the people in the boat!

If you run full 750's in the rear, and the stock 400 in the ski locker, would the boat porpoise like crazy? I'd like to upgrade to the 750's for surfing, and potentially for wakeboarding, but I would rather not fight the porpoising.

Al - Do you have both your stock, and the 750's in the v-drive compartments??
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

On my boat if I fill the rear 750s, ski locker, and bow sac, it still needs more weight up front to have a good wake. Around 500-600 lbs in each locker works better for me.

I run a full triangle sac in the bow of mine with the 750's full, Or else it does kind of tend to porpoise !
    07 LSV usually DUMPED

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    Al - Do you have both your stock, and the 750's in the v-drive compartments??
    No, I swap the 750 for the X2 sac when we surf.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV