Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    No, I swap the 750 for the X2 sac when we surf.
    Thanks Al, I kinda figured that's how it was. I'm assuming that you run that bag off an external pump, and just swap the sides where the bag is if needed?

I kind of get the impression that the IBS is really the way to go. It sounds like it not only lengthens the wake for surfing, but also makes the wakeboarding wake better. I guess the only thing that deters me from that is the loss of storage up front. I like my bumpers and anchors and mooring ropes up there. But, I suppose you have to sacrifice!!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

I love having auto ballast up there. It's hard to get anyone other than kids to sit in the bow, and now I don't have to care! We had 6 adults out a couple of weeks ago, all in the back. I didn't even bother with the factory ballast and used the bow sac only and the wake was great!

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    Thanks Al, I kinda figured that's how it was. I'm assuming that you run that bag off an external pump, and just swap the sides where the bag is if needed?
    No, I literally swap out the X2 sac for the 750. Unhook the fill and empty hoses from the X2 and hook it onto the 750 (it has it's own fittings) and fill with the plumbed ballast system.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Jeff,

I have a couple pictures, these are just with a driver and spotter and no front ballast, i had an issue with one of the fittings.

BTW your boat looks great, exact same as mine.

Don't make fun of the grab....
    Attached Images Attached Images

This past weekend, the only picture i have of my boat....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceball 1 View Post
    This past weekend, the only picture i have of my boat....
    Looks EXACTLY like mine..

I sold mine this past Saturday.. We're going to build a new house and we'll pick up a new boat after the house is done.. Probably a new Wakesetter or V-Ride.

I loved that boat.

We slumped it one last time with 2k in ballast and 10 people in it on Memorial Weekend. Anyone who says that a direct drive Moomba can't pull a nice wake hasn't put enough weight in it.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

'04 LSV.......................about 2,000lbs

No clue exactly how much weight total, value is a conservative estimate.
    440lb on each side of engine
    100lbs of iron weights each side of engine
    1 waterbed tube beneath passenger (port) side seats
    ski locker sac.....doesn't fill all the way due to size of locker
    integrated bow sac.......again, doesn't fill all the way due to size of bow
    250lb jump seat integrated into front ballast sits in walkthrough of windshield area
    150-200lbs lead beneath bow filler cushion

disclaimer: I'm not admitting to running this much ballast. Let's say this is hypothetically how much I would run if it were legal for me to do so.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by flatH20 View Post
    Spaceball - nice pics !

we're running 2000+ lbs - getting boosted!

just out of curiosity what speed you running and line length ?

I'm going 22 @ 65 -
    I just bought a bow sac after riding behind a VLX Malibu.... The wake was just sick. The owner of the boat busted out the camera, he said he has never seen someone going so big behind his boat. I was on 80' and 24 mph on that boat. Toe side wake was hard to get work done on without coming up short though.

My boat i run 75' and 22-24mph with 1050lbs. We will see what i need to do with another 400lbs once the bow sac gets installed.